Re: The Truman Show and the Book of Job

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 1998
      >OK, my two cents on _The Truman Show_, and a weak attempt
      >to tie this thread back into our list topic (Jesus)...

      [snipped]

      >Oh well. It's a quirky crowd-pleaser of a film and I
      >enjoyed it perfectly well on that level.
      >
      >But if you want a summer movie with a compelling
      >Christ figure (of sorts), and real ideological bite,
      >check out Warren Beatty in _Bulworth_. Seriously.
      >
      >James

      COOL- Movie reviews. My favorite movie this summer has been "Out of Sight".
      Great stuff, excellent direction, two christian thumbs up. But Armageddon
      opens tomorrow- and that should be really cool what with the cool Bruce
      Willis starring. Poor Demi- now she has to make a living at acting; she
      will most likely starve to death- so all you single guys, line up!!!!!

      Best to all- and watch for more reviews later as I get the chance to see
      more flicks.

      Jim

      Jim West, ThD
      Pastor, Petros Baptist Church