(Fwd) Re: Naming the so-called Farrer-Goulder Model

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 1998
      Forwarded message:
      From: Self </S Davies>
      To: crosstalk
      Subject: Re: Naming the so-called Farrer-Goulder Model
      Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:43:03

      > 8. Thomas-Q =
      > 9. Thomas-Mark =
      >
      > Call them whatever you like...
      >
      > - Kevin Johnson

      You can't say that 9. doesn't exist, Davies and then Davies
      and Kevin Johnson have published the theory. For reasons
      exhaustively gone-into twice on Crosstalk, the Jerez and
      Carlson propositions recently reiterated, that Jerez has overthrown
      the theory due to his compilation of Mt or Lk variations toward Th
      and against Mk is not sound.

      I know of nobody, however, who has ever published an argument
      in favor of 8. People occasionally mention the idea either
      as an off the cuff notion (West, recently, as I recall) or
      frequently in print as an idea that has no merit at all.

      Steve
      Stevan Davies
      Professor of Religious Studies
      College Misericordia, Dallas, Pennsylvania, USA
      The Gospel of Thomas Homepage
      http://www.epix.net/~miser17/Thomas.html