A New Novel

  • jtropper@mini-mail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2000
      Hello:
      [see below for remove]

      Please forgive the impersonal nature of this email, but I
      thought you might be interested in my new novel, Plan B
      (St. Martin�s Press, February 2000). The novel centers
      around five college friends, eight years after graduation,
      dealing with the complexities of friendship, love, celebrity,
      addiction, kidnapping, pop culture and turning thirty.
      As a newly published author, I don�t get the kind of marketing
      and publicity that accomplished authors such as John Irving,
      Stephen King or even Helen Fielding do, so I�m doing everything
      I can to get the word out about my book.

      I�ve included the jacket copy below, as well as some reviews
      and the web pages at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Borders.
      If you have a minute, please check out my book. And if you
      read it, please email me and let me know what you thought.

      Sincerely, Jonathan Tropper
      For more info:

      <A HERF="mailto:jtropper@...">

      " If the Big Chill Had Generation X angst, you would probably
      have something like Plan B. Tropper, in this debut novel,
      explores the group's personal demons, failings and relationships.
      Moreover, he does it with wit, insight and a lot of fun cultural
      references to the eighties."- Booklist

      "Funny, sweet and sometimes bitter, this novel should be a
      popular read." -Library Journal

      (Plan B Jacket Copy)

      Turning thirty was never supposed to be like this.

      Ten years ago, Ben, Lindsey, Chuck, Alison and Jack graduated
      from NYU and went out into the world, fresh-faced and full of
      dreams for the future. But now Ben�s getting a divorce,
      Lindsey�s unemployed, Alison and Chuck are stuck in ruts of
      their own making, and Jack is getting more publicity for his
      cocaine addiction than his multimillion-dollar Hollywood
      successes.

      It seems like the one thing they�ve learned since
      graduation is that nothing turned out the way they�d planned it.
      Suddenly turning thirty- past the age their parents were when
      they were born, older than every current star athlete or pop
      music sensation- seems to be both more meaningful and less than
      they�d imagined ten years ago.

      There�s no time to contemplate this milestone,
      however; life is intervening, especially for Jack. Desperate
      times call for desperate measures, and though the bold plan the
      friends devise to save Jack from himself may not be the best way,
      once again going with Plan B seems to be the only choice they
      have.

      Jonathan Tropper�s wonderful debut novel is about
      more than friendship, love, celebrity, addiction, kidnapping,
      or even turning thirty- it�s a heartfelt, sharply written, comic
      riff on what it means to be an adult against your will, to be
      single when you thought you�d have a family, to realize nothing
      in life happens like you planned it, to discover you are not,
      in fact, immortal, and to learn that Star Wars is as good a life
      lesson today as it was when you were six years old.

      Amazon

      <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0312252536/o/qid=949600989/sr=8-2/103-9656408-0611051">

      Barnes and Noble

      <A HREF="http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=20316JIM1W&mscssid=8X17KWEBTSSH2LSU00CGND08MF0UCWBE&srefer=&isbn=0312252536">

      Borders

      <A HREF="http://search.borders.com/fcgi-bin/db2www/search/search.d2w/Details?&mediaType=Book&prodID=51540317">

      We are terribly sorry if you received this message in
      error. If you wish to be removed, please type REMOVE
      in the subject line: jdallas@...
      Thank you.