Re: S/S is back

  • Sam Gibson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 1999
      Tom (Double posted intentionally),

      Venom on.

      I am surprised at you.

      Are you admitting that you feel that you might be one of those people who
      might come into conflict with the actual guidelines (that were never
      enforced but always existed on Crosstalk) over at Xtalk?

      Admitting that you have a problem is actually the first step to healing,
      Tom. I am pleased to see your progress.

      I have always felt that you have had little more than me to contribute to
      the subject of the list. The only difference is that I am mostly silent and
      ask questions to let those who have the education and years of study in
      their heads answer, should they so choose. You, however, run off at the
      keyboard about how people are nailing you with double posts (after all, all
      you have to do is delete one of them, Tom - isn't this what you are now
      asking us to do with the boors?) and not respecting you for selling a few
      books at Amazon.

      I hear that they found the actual crown of thorns in Brazil, Tom. Go check
      it out.

      Venom off.
      -
      Sincerely,

      Sam Gibson
      ==================
      cygnus@...
      http://www.cygnus-study.com
      ==================

      Message 2 of 5 , May 26, 1999
        Tom,

        My sentiments were stated succinctly. They were correct and you admitted as
        much by not even attempting to refute them. I thank you for that. More
        honesty from you that I find refreshing.

        Just out of curiosity - what is an FB? Fullback?

        You might have spent 10 years on the question but my statement about you
        having only a little more to offer on the subject than I do is an accurate
        one. I only say this because I have been silently reading your posts for the
        last 12+ months.

        Of course the crown of thorns statement was hogwash. Do you not remember the
        conversations we had where you ridiculously defended the
        date of the Turin rag? I know that you are hopelessly resigned to only
        accepting the early dates so let's please not go into it again.

        What have I done lately? Is that important to you Tom? Are we to have a
        pissing match, now? How about - I kept my mouth shut on a subject that I
        only know a little bit about while you blathered on about it while only
        knowing a little more. You ought to try it sometime, Tom.

        Benjamin Franklin was a man of few words. He once said something like, "If
        something grand can be expressed with many words, it should also be
        conveyable in few."

        Thanks, Tom. You have shown me the value behind that lesson.
        -
        Sincerely,

        Sam Gibson
        ==============
        cygnus@...
        http://www.cygnus-study.com
        ==============
        "You might have lived an exemplary life as a Christian,
        only to be met at the gates of heaven by Muhammed.
        That's called fate."
        -Neil Peart, drummer and lyricist for Rush

        Message 3 of 5 , May 26, 1999
          On Wed, 26 May 1999 18:56:02 -0400, cygnus@... write>
          >Tom (Double posted intentionally), s:

          >Venom on.
          >
          >I am surprised at you.
          >
          >Are you admitting that you feel that you might be one of those people who
          >might come into conflict with the actual guidelines (that were never
          >enforced but always existed on Crosstalk) over at Xtalk?

          Of course. You FB are no more interested in the Historical Jesus
          than the man in the moon. You want to prove 16thC Puritanism.

          >I have always felt that you have had little more than me to contribute to
          >the subject of the list. The only difference is that I am mostly silent and
          >ask questions to let those who have the education and years of study in
          >their heads answer, should they so choose. You, however, run off at the
          >keyboard about how people are nailing you with double posts (after all, all
          >you have to do is delete one of them, Tom - isn't this what you are now
          >asking us to do with the boors?) and not respecting you for selling a few
          >books at Amazon.

          the differnce is that i spent ten years on question.

          >I hear that they found the actual crown of thorns in Brazil, Tom. Go check
          >it out.

          Hogwash.

          They've already found two tombs in the Valley of the Kings
          under my "X" on the first dig there in 76 years and now they need
          me to show them where Nefertiti is, take a look - what have you done
          lately:
          >http://pami.uwaterloo.ca/~reda/kings/kings.html<

          >Venom off.
          >-
          >Sincerely,
          >
          >Sam Gibson
          >==================
          >cygnus@...
          >http://www.cygnus-study.com
          >==================

          /\
          /||\
          that your junk? Look at mine.
        • Sam Gibson
          Message 4 of 5 , May 26, 1999
            Tom, Tom, Tom...

            We are nearing the heart of the matter and if you are not careful, you might
            just discover what it is people are talking about when they say "off-topic
            posts".

            For example, you wrote:
            > Have you seen my book? Do You know I'm negotiating with Nicholas
            > Reeves to use our Subsurface seismic imaging in the Valley of
            > the Kings? Did you realize only an accident in the Post Office
            > in Cairo kept me from leading their dig there when they went in
            > uunder my location spelled out for University /college London
            > people in '95 and AUC people in '97.

            Now... if you could show how this has anything to do with the HJ or
            Christian origins, please do so. What this is should be pretty clear to
            everyone who reads it. It is Tom Simms telling everyone how great Tom Simms
            is. If this list were "Tom Simms and Christian Origins" or "Tom Simms and
            The Valley of the Kings" or even "Historical Jesus and The Valley of the
            Kings" you would be leading the pack.

            The list isn't, Tom. While some contributors might have an interest in this
            field, they joined the list to discuss and learn about HJ and Christian
            Origins.

            Next,

            > FB = Fucking Bastards

            This is not going to win you any points - even if you are right. You don't
            call a duck a duck unless you want it to quack at you, dig?

            > You laugh at my Shroud business, the same info made the DSS crowd
            > back down on a 1st C CE dating and have to settle for the 70 BCE
            > date. I beat Goranson when Ian got bounced from Orion by pushing them
            > and pushing until they admitted they'd deliberately though naively
            > contaminated the scrolls. On XTok (my logo) Goranson had to turn
            > tail on the Nazareth issue. The archaeology ain't there.

            > I expect I'll show how the shroud image got on the Linen in Egypt
            > when I get there. Jerusalem will never allow the experiment -
            > but then perhaps you don't know the ruckus that's under way right now
            on
            > the Temple Mount.

            Tom, I used to live in Jerusalem. I spent the better part of three and a
            half years in Israel. The shroud is in Turin. Please tell me how Jerusalem
            has some influence on any tests relating to the shroud. But understand
            this... it is purely for amusement that I ask. I think that you are
            certified "out there" when it comes to the Shroud.

            > BTW, I predicted Natenyahu would get clobbered.

            Great, Tom. I predicted Clinton would swamp Gore. Now we have both predicted
            things that were painfully obvious.

            > Pay attention. I blather and blather and then I wind it up in a quip.
            > I've done it for nearly 70 fucking years.

            Tom... I have been waiting for more than a year. I have never once seen you
            "wind it up".
            -
            Sincerely,

            Sam Gibson