Re: S/S is back

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 1999
      Tom Simms wrote:

      > I wondered how long bwefore the jackboots struck.
      > Got a warning. I quit first.
      >
      > Tom Simms

      Hardly the S/S. Just the guys who ask the cell phone users and the
      talkers in the cinema to let people watch the show and not to interrupt
      with irrelevancies. Tell me, Tom, do you actually side with the cinema
      boors who insist that their rights to talk when and where they want to
      come first?

      Sorry that you, too, can't appreciate the difference between a call to
      stay focused and the stomp of a jackboot.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 1999
        Tom Simms wrote:

        > On Wed, 26 May 1999 17:28:20 -0500, jgibson000@...
        > writes:
        > >
        > >Tom Simms wrote:
        > >
        > >> I wondered how long bwefore the jackboots struck.
        > >> Got a warning. I quit first.
        > >>
        > >> Tom Simms
        > >
        > >Hardly the S/S. Just the guys who ask the cell phone users and the
        > >talkers in the cinema to let people watch the show and not to interrupt
        > >with irrelevancies. Tell me, Tom, do you actually side with the cinema
        > >boors who insist that their rights to talk when and where they want to
        > >come first?
        > >
        > >Sorry that you, too, can't appreciate the difference between a call to
        > >stay focused and the stomp of a jackboot.
        >
        > Trouble is, Your idea of the picture is the babble on the cellphone -
        > You're no more interested in the Historical Jesus than in studying
        > Sanskrit. You're part of the professionally religious that's been a
        > problem since Jesus cleaned out the moneychangers.

        This rather (alas, typically) pouty attempt at rebuttal (not to mention a fine
        example of the fallacy of bifurcation) is from someone who claims more of an
        interest in -- no, a superior knowledge of -- the Historical Jesus than any one
        on Crosstalk but who, as he himself admitted recently, does not know and never
        made the attempt to learn Greek!

        That's all from me except to say that those of you here on Crosstalk who have had
        enough of Tom (let alone CT) and Tom's inability to take what he feels free to
        dish out, and who wish to unsubscribe to this List to whose death Tom has long
        been contributing, may take a few simple steps to do so.

        Send an e-mail to lists@... with the words

        unsubscribe crosstalk

        written in the body of the message.

        Yours,

        Jeffrey Gibson
        --
        Jeffrey B. Gibson
        7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
        Message 3 of 3 , May 26, 1999
          writes:

          >Tom Simms wrote:
          >
          >> I wondered how long bwefore the jackboots struck.
          >> Got a warning. I quit first.
          >>
          >> Tom Simms
          >
          >Hardly the S/S. Just the guys who ask the cell phone users and the
          >talkers in the cinema to let people watch the show and not to interrupt
          >with irrelevancies. Tell me, Tom, do you actually side with the cinema
          >boors who insist that their rights to talk when and where they want to
          >come first?
          >
          >Sorry that you, too, can't appreciate the difference between a call to
          >stay focused and the stomp of a jackboot.

          Trouble is, Your idea of the picture is the babble on the cellphone -
          You're no more interested in the Historical Jesus than in studying
          Sanskrit. You're part of the professionally religious that's been a
          problem since Jesus cleaned out the moneychangers.

          SWIM, folks?

          Tom