Fare Thee Well

  • Jon Peter
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 1999
      The Old Rugged Crosstalk

      (1)
      On a hard drive far away,
      Stood an old rugged Crosstalk,
      The e-list of suff'ring and shame;
      And we loved that old Crosstalk
      Where some weird and some great posts were lain.

      (Refrain)
      So we'll cherish that old rugged Crosstalk,
      'Til the archives at last we've read through;
      Let's not cling to that old rugged Crosstalk,
      But exchange it for some peer review.

      (2)
      O that old rugged Crosstalk,
      So despised by some folk,
      Had a wondrous attraction to cranks;
      Much debate on HJ
      Still goes on to this day
      So we give HarperCollins our thanks.
      (Refrain)

      (3)
      On that old rugged Crosstalk,
      Graced with scholarship sublime,
      A wondrous irony I see,
      For 'twas on that old Crosstalk
      JC suffered and re-"died,"
      Yet we doubted his whole history
      (Refrain)

      (4)
      To that old rugged Crosstalk
      We shall ever be true,
      Posters' flames and reproaches we'll bear;
      So JCee-mail shall come
      To our homes far away,
      In deconstructing the Resurrection we share.