a couple of things

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 1998
      Friends,

      You may have noticed that I have been less verbose of late. An effort to
      take a little mini vacation.

      Anyway, I wanted to comment on two remarks we all received today.

      First, my friend Tom Simms suggests that we need to redate the writings of
      the NT to prior to the deaths of the leading apostles. With all due
      respect, NOT!

      Second, Stevan, in his typically brilliant style suggests that Luke was a
      woman. Again, with all due respect, NOT!

      C'mon- i'm a wacko cause i think that Thomas and Q are related, but someone
      suggests that, in the first century a woman had the hutzpah to pen a
      document circulated to a bunch of churches? What evidence is there, what
      little shred, what tiny sherd, what miniscule fact would lead one to such a
      conclusion? Luke is, to be sure, concerned for the welfare of women, and
      far more egalitarian than the crude, sorry, and yes, disgusting disciples of
      Paul who penned those trashy pastorals. But a woman? PLEEAAAASSSSSE!

      Jim West, ThD
      Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
      Adjunct Professor of Bible,