Re: N. Feig on Nazareth

    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 1999
      I think the archaeological evidence is clear that there was a village
      on this site dating at least to the early Roman period and habitation
      as far back as the Bronze Age.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      jkilmon@...

      http://www.historian.net
    • BobSchacht@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 1999
        In a message dated 5/5/99 2:57:37 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
        jkilmon@... writes:

        > Subj: Re: N. Feig on Nazareth
        > Date: 5/5/99 2:57:37 PM US Mountain Standard Time
        > From: jkilmon@... (Jack Kilmon)
        > Sender: owner-crosstalk@...
        > To: rsalm@... (rene joseph salm)
        > CC: crosstalk@...
        >
        > I think the archaeological evidence is clear that there was a village
        > on this site dating at least to the early Roman period and habitation
        > as far back as the Bronze Age.
        >
        > Jack

        Horsley agrees that there was a substantial settlement at Nazareth during the
        first century. We have discussed this before. There is other evidence than
        lamps.