Re: jesus or yeshu

  • Christ Thomas
    Message 1 of 20 , May 3, 1999
      Legendmyth@... wrote:

      > If Jesus--And this is a real big if--went East, why does it follow that it
      > was after the cross?
      >
      > The old theory is that the East (India) was where is spent the "lost years."
      > The writings are first century. So are the Gospels. I would assume there
      > was more than one bloke running around with the name of Jesus or Yeshu--just
      > look at Mexico! The romantic in me (theological romantic, that is) would
      > love to believe that J. spent his lost years in India walking on water and
      > further amazing the local spiritual adepts. The realist in me says no way!
      >
      > Sarah

      Yes, Sarah, that is far fetched, isn't it.
    • Christ Thomas
      Message 2 of 20 , May 3, 1999
        Christ Thomas wrote:

        > Legendmyth@... wrote:
        > >
        > > If Jesus--And this is a real big if--went East, why does it follow that it
        > > was after the cross?
        > >
        > > The old theory is that the East (India) was where is spent the "lost years."
        > > The writings are first century. So are the Gospels. The realist in me says no way!
        > >
        > > Sarah
        >
        > Yes, Sarah, that is far fetched, isn't it.

        Ezek. 10:10 And as for their appearances, they four had one likeness,
        as if a wheel had been in the midst of a wheel.

        Ezek. 10:14 And every one had four faces: the first face was the face
        of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third
        the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

        By far, one of the most interesting aspects of a sighting of Jesus in
        India, after the resurrection, in that the rumor has persisted for over
        two thousand years. That within it’s self is something for one to
        ponder. There is an excellent reason, found within the scriptures, to
        discount a sighting and another reason why such a rumor would still
        persist. The children of God have one likeness. They all look alike.
        Ezekiel told you that. Quite simply, they saw the Twin Brother of Jesus.

        Ezek. 1:5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four
        living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness
        of a man.
        Ezek. 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto
        the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their
        appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a
        wheel.
        Ezek. 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the
        day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This
        was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I
        saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

        Ezek. 2:1 And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I
        will speak unto thee.

        Ezek. 2:2 And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and
        set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.

        The Twin Brother of Jesus, that went to India after the death of Jesus,
        you all know, except for the doubters, was Judas Didymus Thomas.

        Matt. 13:55 Is not this the carpenter’s son? is not his mother called
        Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and JUDAS?
        John 11:16 Then said THOMAS, which is called DIDYMUS, unto his
        fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.
        Acts 20:4 And there accompanied him into Asia and Timotheus; and of
        Asia,

        The name THOMAS is the acts and other new testaments is spelled
        TIMOTHEUS. The misspelling was one of those adulterated acts that
        allowed the RC church to deceive the earth. That was one of the ways she
        could exalt Peter and make him the head of her church. She just hid the
        name Thomas with an ancient spelling.

        Why would the sighting of Jesus in India be less plausible? Because
        after the resurrection he did not have the same likeness. He rose in
        another form.

        Mark 16:11 And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had
        been seen of her, believed not.

        Mark 16:12 After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as
        they walked, and went into the country.

        The children of God all have one likeness. If Jesus was observed in
        India he would have been in the latter form which no one would have
        recognized.

        Thomas lived in India until his own murder and built Seven Churches
        there. They are still there. Quite simply the Twin Brother of Jesus was
        mistaken for Jesus.

        Thomas
      • Christ Thomas
        Message 3 of 20 , May 3, 1999

          Message 4 of 20 , May 4, 1999
            At 09.22 03/05/99 -0700, joseph baxter wrote:
            >Tone down the polemics, Ian,

            Polemics, Joe? Naaa, I don't have an agenda -- other than "coherent
            balanced analysis along scientific lines", if you want to call that an agenda.

            >I think you have forgotten the context of our
            >discussion,

            Definitely not. My first comment was to Jack for asking "Birch Bark
            Scripture? Wuzzat?" It was you who introduced this "Birch Bark Scripture"
            stuff and I merely commented on the evidence -- or better the lack of it.

            >which had to do with hypotheses, such as the hypothesis re the
            >name of the man,

            As to such a hypothesis, I have already stated my position: the texts are
            in Greek and probably none was written anywhere near Judea; no-one has
            established a historical person at the core of the Jesus literature, so one
            can't make presuppositions as to a non-historical person's place of
            residence; all we therefore have is a Greek name of a literary personality.

            >and hypotheses to explain certain reported Asian facts
            >such as the Seat of Solomon temple inscriptions, and other *reported*
            >facts, including the one you are currently frothing at the mouth about.

            It's hard for you to overcome the necessity to believe. It overshadows your
            ability to test your surrogate hypotheses. All fall down with the
            incredible notion of a Jesus surviving his crucifixion, the first hurdle
            you have failed to deal with. (The second is lack of credible dating for
            your "Asian facts".)

            >(If
            >you have a hypothesis which explains the large body of reported Asian
            >facts, or any of these reported facts, that is fair game for discussion.)

            Naturally, as indications of a Jesus in India started cropping up with
            Mirza and the "discovery" of the tomb of Jesus, I can see no reason for
            looking further afield.

            >I will respond to your message as time permits.

            It might be better, if you can't add anything substantive (as you haven't
            so far), that you get the substance first.

            Cheers,