Sam's crocodile tears

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 1999
      At 00.56 04/04/99 -0500, Sam Gibson wrote:
      >This list is devoted to historical Jesus research - not some civil war that
      >the world is paying attention to. You folks are concentrating 2000 years too
      >late in history. Focus a little earlier.

      I have actually asked people to do so in the past, ie to concentrating on
      that period, but noone seems too willing to. They are all too busy treating
      the NT material as pseudo-historical documents for a period without
      successfully connecting the documents to that period.

      I'd really be happy to see a little effort in producing evidence to support
      all the rhetorical talk of a historical Jesus.

      Who, for example, is the first *church father* or *apologist* to use "lord"
      as a single term of reference -- not a title -- for Jesus?

      Ian
    • joe baxter
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 1999
        At 12:56 AM 4/4/99 -0500, Sam wrote:

        >Jesus would roll over in his grave if he were privy to what is being done to
        >this list.

        Finally we have a scholar interested in Jesus' Kashmiri grave!

        With kind regards,

        Joe