We are crying!!!

  • Sam Gibson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 1999
      This list is devoted to historical Jesus research - not some civil war that
      the world is paying attention to. You folks are concentrating 2000 years too
      late in history. Focus a little earlier.

      Jesus would roll over in his grave if he were privy to what is being done to
      this list.
      -
      Sincerely,

      Sam Gibson
      ==============
      cygnus@...
      http://www.cygnus-study.com
      ==============
      "You might have lived an exemplary life as a Christian,
      only to be met at the gates of heaven by Muhammed.
      That's called fate."
      -Neil Peart, drummer and lyricist for Rush

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 1999
        At 00.56 04/04/99 -0500, Sam Gibson wrote:
        >This list is devoted to historical Jesus research - not some civil war that
        >the world is paying attention to. You folks are concentrating 2000 years too
        >late in history. Focus a little earlier.

        I have actually asked people to do so in the past, ie to concentrating on
        that period, but noone seems too willing to. They are all too busy treating
        the NT material as pseudo-historical documents for a period without
        successfully connecting the documents to that period.

        I'd really be happy to see a little effort in producing evidence to support
        all the rhetorical talk of a historical Jesus.

        Who, for example, is the first *church father* or *apologist* to use "lord"
        as a single term of reference -- not a title -- for Jesus?

        Ian
      • joe baxter
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 1999
          At 12:56 AM 4/4/99 -0500, Sam wrote:

          >Jesus would roll over in his grave if he were privy to what is being done to
          >this list.

          Finally we have a scholar interested in Jesus' Kashmiri grave!

          With kind regards,

          Joe