Re: We are singing!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 1999
      Yes, sing, as the Albanian Kosovars are being rounded up. Over 700,000 now.
      Over a third of the population.

      Sing, as young Albanian Kosovar men are being killed.

      Sing, as Albanian Kosovar women and children are being forced out of the
      country.

      Sing, as Albanian Kosovar people are already dying from disease in the
      open, in the rain.

      Sing as Christ dies in Yugoslavia.

      Shame, shame, shame, shame.

      Go to Blace on the Macedonian border and sing.

      Being a historian one should learn from the past. Milosevic, by taking
      autonomy away from Kosovo, started a process that led to strife between the
      Albanian Kosovars and Serbian Kosovars. You can point to some Serbian
      Kosovars killed or raped in the strife, but you didn't mention what the
      Albanian Kosovars have received. Strife escalates, when the government does
      not mediate, but how can this government mediate when it has only one
      result in mind?

      You say, "We took that land NOT from Ilirs (or Albanians, but it is NOT
      same!)". Does that somehow change the fact of the mass murder and mass
      extradition? Milosevic is pursuing policies directly in Kosovo that he
      sponsored in Croatia and Bosnia.

      You say, "Where was your conscience when Albanian's terorist animals (NOT
      Albanian people!) raped shollgirls and nuns and killed monks and old man.
      If we have today ours animals who do that, we HAVE to punish they!" The
      people who are being punished are old men, women and children. The younger
      men, as you know, are simply being killed, not punished. If the expulsion
      of Albanian Kosovars continues at the current rate, in **twenty days**
      there will not be a single ALbanian Kosovar in the province. The policy is
      clearly not punishment. The scale of the present action clearly shows long
      term planning with the aim of ethnic cleansing. Read those words again:
      "ethnic cleansing".

      It is wrong -- in my mind -- that NATO is bombing Yugoslavia, but is the
      answer to escalate the mass deportation of Albanian Kosovars? Do you see
      the streams of Albanian Kosovar people going towards the surrounding
      borders on Serbian television? Is the Albanian Kosovar film showing the
      mass murder by the Serbian army a fake? Does it matter?

      Yes, sing in relatively safe Belgrade, while hundreds of thousands of
      people with nothing but their surviving family members flee across the
      border into camps with little or no shelter merely to stay alive.

      Sing as hope dies. Sing as compassion turns to stone.

      Sing with pride.