[Fwd: Re: Why was Jesus killed]

  • Christ Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 1999
      Combs, Joseph C wrote:

      > It was my understanding that Jesus was killed because he claimed to be God.
      >
      > Period.

      Joseph, then obviously, your understanding may be a misunderstanding.
      There is nothing to indicate Jesus considered himself to be God. When he
      said, "my Father and I are One," it may be more accurate to be
      interpreted as, “when I speak God speaks.”

      I know that the HJ, as , is the religious misconception of many
      religions. However, there is nothing more, in terms of proof, to
      indicate it is any more than a misconception.

      Some of the last words recorded by the HJ was him asking God why he had
      abandoned him. Surely, he didn’t cry out to himself. There are many
      other recorded times he spoke to God. Would God be a lunatic and go
      around talking to himself?

      The HJ was considered to be the word of God which means he spoke the
      words of God. That would be consistent with the words of the prophets.
      In some ways, he may have been a receiver and a transmitter. There have
      always been, and still are people, that claim to be God. Yeah. right. I
      believe God has better things to do.

      I, personally, have interviewed several people that claimed to be Jesus.
      Why? Because there were very few that recognized him when he was here
      before. When the question is posed, What would Jesus be like when and if
      he returns? One would get as many different answers as, as many, people
      questioned. It was a good try. However, Jesus was God! I don’t think so.
      Of course, that’s my opinion.

      Regards,

      Thomas