Re: 'Chrestus' <> Christ

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 1999
      On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 00:50:10 +0100, mc2499@... writes:

      >Oh, I knew there was one of those numerous posts I have to deal with that i
      >forgot about. Jon Peter has furnished us with some writers who use the word
      >chrestos in some form. I have already pointed out that the term was
      >actually used in the NT though without any significance that would
      >encourage Jon, the earliest of which seems to be Justin Martyr, but look at
      >that:

      Someone reported the use of Chresto/us as the name of a purely secular
      Roman. I thought I'd saved the post but I'm so busy with other matters
      I haven't time to search the archives. A scan of my own told me I was
      once more the victim of good intentions.

      If you don't recall perhaps some one on the List does.

      Tom