Re: A man or a myth? (Wells)

  • Antonio Jerez
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 1999
      Mark Goodacre wrote:

      >>There is a discussion of a certain G. A. Wells's theory that Jesus was an
      invention of the third Christian generation in Theissen & Merz's recent
      _Historical Jesus: A Comprehensive Guide_ (pp. 122-4 & 581-3). I was
      surprised that they even give it the time of day. Strikingly, they are more
      willing to discuss the question of the existence of Jesus (6 pages) than they
      >>are the existence of Q ("presupposed", p. 25).

      The professor, Alvar Ellegard, I'm going to attack in the article in Goteborgs-
      Posten that is going to be published next wednesday has
      actually copied most of his loony ideas and arguments
      from Wells books.

      Best wishes

      Antonio