My Web Page

  • Andrew Bernhard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 1999
      Dear Crosstalkers and GThomas Egroupers,

      I have now completely overhauled my too-long neglected web page. Any
      feedback on my redone pages would be greatly appreciated. If I have
      missed pertinent pages or links please let me know. I have made to many
      changes to the page to list all here, but please note the following
      important modifications:

      1. I have moved the page from http://www.teleport.com/~cabern/andrew to
      its new (and hopefully permanent) location at:
      http://members.xoom.com/abernhar - I would appreciate it if
      anyone who has a link to the page would update it.

      2. I now have an archive of over 800 Xtalk emails about the Gospel of
      Thomas. I have added about 150 emails Stevan Davies sent me from the
      early days of Xtalk, and also added all the pertinent emails from
      Sept-Dec 1998. I think my work on this matter is done, as the new
      GThomas egroup can take care of archiving further discussions of the
      Gospel of Thomas. The Crosstalk archive can be found at my revised
      Gospel of Thomas page:
      http://members.xoom.com/abernhar/4gostom/index.html

      3. I have posted the complete reconstructed text of all the Greek
      fragments of the Gospel of Thomas, that is POxy 654, 1, 655, as well as
      possible quotations from it: Clement of Alexandria, Stromata 5.14.96,
      Hippolytus, Refutation of All Heresies 5.7.20, the Oxyrhynchus Burial
      Shroud, and 2 Clement 12.2. An English translation to accompany the
      Greek text, should follow shortly.

      4. I have added an advertisement for the newly begun GThomas Egroup
      which I encourage everyone interested in the Gospel of Thomas to join.
      It's getting pretty lively already.

      Thanks,
      Andrew