Re: Jesus poisoned

    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 1, 1999
      Mike Grondin wrote:

      > >I sure am glad the idiom "hit the road" was not uttered by Jesus
      > >in his Semitic tongue. That too would have been translated
      > >to Greek, then English, and today we would have a bunch of
      > >nuts out in the middle of I-10 smacking on the tarmac and being
      > >flattened by 18-wheelers.
      >
      > Hmm - crushed nuts. Not an inappropriate end, I would say. Sort of like
      > those idiots who literally made themselves "eunuchs for the sake of
      > heaven"? (Inadvertantly doing our gene-pool a favor, BTW.)

      Wasn't Origen wunna dem nuts that cut his thingy off?

      On a more serious note, I wonder just how many major doctrinal
      practices and rituals throughout the 20,000 odd forms of
      Christianity are a result of the non-transmission of
      idiom, metaphor, allegory and aggadic midrash taken
      literally by Gentile Christians unfamiliar with Jewish
      literary styles.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      jkilmon@...

      http://www.historian.net
    • Karen Surface
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 1, 1999
        Happy New Year All, I always figure that talk of snake handling and
        drinking of poison was symbolic. Kind of Steering clear of the Serpent and
        the poison of Temptation, you know the message behind the message.

        God, Please Help Me to Remember That I am Unique;
        Just Like
        Everyone Else. Light Everlasting, Y'All......kc
        ICQ #26771119