Re: Jesus poisoned

  • Mike Grondin
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 1, 1999
      >I sure am glad the idiom "hit the road" was not uttered by Jesus
      >in his Semitic tongue. That too would have been translated
      >to Greek, then English, and today we would have a bunch of
      >nuts out in the middle of I-10 smacking on the tarmac and being
      >flattened by 18-wheelers.

      Hmm - crushed nuts. Not an inappropriate end, I would say. Sort of like
      those idiots who literally made themselves "eunuchs for the sake of
      heaven"? (Inadvertantly doing our gene-pool a favor, BTW.)

      Mike
    • Karen Surface
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 1, 1999
        Happy New Year All, I always figure that talk of snake handling and
        drinking of poison was symbolic. Kind of Steering clear of the Serpent and
        the poison of Temptation, you know the message behind the message.

        God, Please Help Me to Remember That I am Unique;
        Just Like
        Everyone Else. Light Everlasting, Y'All......kc
        ICQ #26771119