test

  • Thomas A. Kopecek
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 18, 1998
      >From: "Stevan Davies" <miser17@...>

      >Yes I do hold that view and defend it in J the H.
      >IMO it all makes perfectly good sense.
      >Others have liked the bapt as history because of its embarassment
      >factors and multiple attestation. And in Acts the bapt of John
      >and getting the spirit are carefully separated and two entirely
      >different things.

      Yeah, but unlike Mark and Matthew, Luke 3:21-22 separates the descent of the
      HS onto Jesus from the baptism too, so what does Acts prove? Or are you back
      to your notion, which intrigues me, that Acts was written before Luke, say,
      in the 60s, and then Luke 1-2 was added last of all? Am I remembering that
      correctly? It's been a while since I've been tuned into Davies-speak, except
      for the Davies textbook intro to the NT, which I also used this semester:
      getting to like that volume more and more every time I use it.

      Tom
      _______________________________________
      Thomas A. Kopecek, Religion and History
      Central College, Pella, Iowa 50219
      email: kopecekt@...
    • Antonio Jerez
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 13, 1999
        TEST
      • Jeffrey B. Gibson
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 27, 1999
          Apologies for sending a test message, but I think the work that has been
          affecting others has finally come my way. I don't seem to be receiving any
          recent CT postings.

          Yours,

          Jeffrey Gibson
          --