HATTS and hats.

  • anhang bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 1998
      A first time contributor and a non scholar.

      So true, wearing hats is pretty widespread and an aid in keeping a rush of
      air from being the primary form of mentatio n.

      Since people do change attittudes, opinion, faiths and the like, we have
      evidence that even diehards continue to schuffle the
      filess....conversions are a fact of life.

      How much predjudice anyone brings to any perception is I suppose based on
      his all around maturity and possibly to his degree of scholarly
      dedication. Hence, given that God is frequently refered to as Truth, some
      of that has to rub off on everyone... all the way from blindness to 20/20
      vision. And then there is the element called cognative dissinance..
      defined in psychology as......pulling the rest of me over the highbar after
      the ass has cleared by ever so little. Your ass maybe so heavy that you
      never clear the bar, but that is also the counterweight which gives you
      the base to bring the rest across......and we believe that in our society
      there is enough psychic freedom in most everyone to make up his mind in
      the end by himself....unless bribed or cajolled