Re: Has anyone attended Westar Institute Fall Meeting

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 1998
      Julio Anjos wrote:

      > Fall 1998
      > October 2125, 1998
      > Flamingo Hotel, Santa Rosa, California
      >
      > Paul A. Mirecki and Charles W. Hedrick upcoming book on the recently found
      > papiry ( a previouslly unknown dialogue-sayings gospel ) in a german
      > Egyptian Museum was suposed to be presented there.
      >
      > Anyone has any info?

      Sorry Julio & Crosstalkers (I accidently sent a blank reply):

      Unfortuately I missed Paul & Chuck's presentation of their find as I was
      en route to California. But I have a few tidbits. The work a is a very
      fragmentary gospel, but has a few continuous pages. Hedrick dubbed it
      the "Gospel of the Savior" because of its affinity to the Dialogue of
      the Savior discovered at Nag Hammadi. They date the work to the 3rd c.
      CE. Sounds like another piece of info shedding light of gnostic theology
      but of little use for the quest of the HJ.

      Shalom!

      Mahlon

      --

      Mahlon H. Smith,