Re: Has anyone attended Westar Institute Fall Meeting

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 1998

      --

      *********************

      Mahlon H. Smith,
      Associate Professor
      Department of Religion
      Rutgers University
      New Brunswick NJ

      http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 1998
        Julio Anjos wrote:

        > Fall 1998
        > October 2125, 1998
        > Flamingo Hotel, Santa Rosa, California
        >
        > Paul A. Mirecki and Charles W. Hedrick upcoming book on the recently found
        > papiry ( a previouslly unknown dialogue-sayings gospel ) in a german
        > Egyptian Museum was suposed to be presented there.
        >
        > Anyone has any info?

        Sorry Julio & Crosstalkers (I accidently sent a blank reply):

        Unfortuately I missed Paul & Chuck's presentation of their find as I was
        en route to California. But I have a few tidbits. The work a is a very
        fragmentary gospel, but has a few continuous pages. Hedrick dubbed it
        the "Gospel of the Savior" because of its affinity to the Dialogue of
        the Savior discovered at Nag Hammadi. They date the work to the 3rd c.
        CE. Sounds like another piece of info shedding light of gnostic theology
        but of little use for the quest of the HJ.

        Shalom!

        Mahlon

        --