Re: Off Topic

  • Antonio Jerez
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 1998
      Philip B. Lewis wrote:

      >Perhaps crosstalkers will keep in mind the fact that last Friday's fire in a
      >dance hall in Sweden in which 30 kids died and others were hurt took place
      >in Goteborg, Antonio Jerez's home town. Remembering may personalize the
      >tragedy.

      Philip is right that we have had a big tragedy here in Goteborg. Unfortunately
      the death toll is even bigger than the figure Philip mentions - so far 60
      youngsters have died and about 30 have serious injuries. You read heart-
      wrenching stories every day in day in the papers about the tragedies that have
      befallen many families here in town. One family of immigrants from Iraq
      lost two daughers - one 12 years and another 17 years - in the fire. Many
      of the victims died when they desperately tried to return into the burning
      building to help relatives and friends.
      The whole town is certainly in a state of chock after this catastrophe.

      Best wishes

      Antonio