Has anyone attended Westar Institute Fall Meeting

  • Julio Anjos
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 1998
      Fall 1998
      October 2125, 1998
      Flamingo Hotel, Santa Rosa, California

      Paul A. Mirecki and Charles W. Hedrick upcoming book on the recently found
      papiry ( a previouslly unknown dialogue-sayings gospel ) in a german
      Egyptian Museum was suposed to be presented there.

      Anyone has any info?
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 1998

        --

        *********************

        Mahlon H. Smith,
        Associate Professor
        Department of Religion
        Rutgers University
        New Brunswick NJ

        http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 1998
          Julio Anjos wrote:

          > Fall 1998
          > October 2125, 1998
          > Flamingo Hotel, Santa Rosa, California
          >
          > Paul A. Mirecki and Charles W. Hedrick upcoming book on the recently found
          > papiry ( a previouslly unknown dialogue-sayings gospel ) in a german
          > Egyptian Museum was suposed to be presented there.
          >
          > Anyone has any info?

          Sorry Julio & Crosstalkers (I accidently sent a blank reply):

          Unfortuately I missed Paul & Chuck's presentation of their find as I was
          en route to California. But I have a few tidbits. The work a is a very
          fragmentary gospel, but has a few continuous pages. Hedrick dubbed it
          the "Gospel of the Savior" because of its affinity to the Dialogue of
          the Savior discovered at Nag Hammadi. They date the work to the 3rd c.
          CE. Sounds like another piece of info shedding light of gnostic theology
          but of little use for the quest of the HJ.

          Shalom!

          Mahlon

          --