Re: Non-canonical HomePage

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 1998
      Bob Schacht wrote:

      > Nota bene:
      >
      > The Noncanonical Homepage
      > http://wesley.nnc.edu/noncanon.htm
      > has lots of groovy stuff if you're a neo-gnostic
      > or maybe even a budding patristics scholar.

      Yeah! And talk about odd bed-fellows. The site is sponsored by a
      seminary of the ultra-pietistic Church of the Nazarene that separated
      from us Methodists a little over a century ago because American
      Methodists were getting too institutional & intellectual.

      When I commended the webmasters on their project 2 years ago, they
      assured me they intended to maintain it indefinitely. Many links that
      they used to have to texts on other sites (e.g., Wheaton's Ephemeral
      Library, New Advent Catholic Supersite) have been replaced by their own
      versions. More importantly they apparently have permission to post fresh
      translations of some works including those published in the 1990
      revision of Jim Robinson's Nag Hammadi library (e.g., Isenberg's Gospel
      of Philip). [For GThom they link to Steve D's posting of
      Patterson/Meyers "Scholars Version"].

      One more piece of evidence of the internet's ability to foster
      collaboration & ecumenism as Teilhard envisioned.

      Shalom!

      Mahlon

      --

      Mahlon H. Smith,