Re: Jesus' Burial

  • y.kuchinsky@utoronto.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 1998
      On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Mahlon H. Smith wrote:

      > My thoughts precisely. I reviewed Mark's & Yuri's e-mail pages & was
      > impressed by the calibre of the debate we conducted in the wee hours.

      Mahlon,

      I'm glad my work in assembling some of these posts together is
      appreciated. I agree, we've had a good discussion. The second chapter is
      happening now, but I don't know if this is of the same caliber...

      > But I felt like I was eavesdropping on only bits of a long-distance
      > telephone conversation & having to fill in the gaps. I considered
      > extracting my contributions in toto & posting them on my own website
      > with links to Mark's & Yuri's pages. But I think Steve's suggestion to
      > keep all the correspondence on one site makes more sense. I don't think
      > any CrossTalker would sue Mark for violating copyright if he did this.
      > What do you think, Mark?

      Well, Mahlon, now that we have a WWW archive, thanks to Mark's timely
      interference, perhaps this problem will be solved as soon as older
      Crosstalk posts are uploaded to FindMail? I hope this happens soon...

      I'll be willing to add any other posts on the subject to my webpage if
      people send me edited files of what I should include. I haven't kept all
      of the old posts on my system, so I don't know what other people think is
      important. But as I say, as soon as all the archives for the last year are
      available on WWW, then it will be easy enough for one and all to find any
      of the old posts.

      > If it is too much of a chore for you, I'll go
      > ahead & post Steve's & my missives on this topic (along with those of
      > anyone else who gives permission to include his posts) on my page.

      You have my permission to use any of my posts, of course.

      > Since
      > I will also include a link to these pages in the VRIndex under HJ it
      > would be simpler if all the debate was preserved on one site with a
      > hyperindex to follow the threads.

      Best wishes, and welcome back. Too bad about your computer crash...

      Yuri.
    • Mark Goodacre
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 1998
        Mahlon wrote:

        > My thoughts precisely. I reviewed Mark's & Yuri's e-mail pages & was
        > impressed by the calibre of the debate we conducted in the wee
        > hours. But I felt like I was eavesdropping on only bits of a
        > long-distance telephone conversation & having to fill in the gaps. I
        > considered extracting my contributions in toto & posting them on my
        > own website with links to Mark's & Yuri's pages. But I think Steve's
        > suggestion to keep all the correspondence on one site makes more
        > sense. I don't think any CrossTalker would sue Mark for violating
        > copyright if he did this. What do you think, Mark? If it is too much
        > of a chore for you, I'll go ahead & post Steve's & my missives on
        > this topic (along with those of anyone else who gives permission to
        > include his posts) on my page. Since I will also include a link to
        > these pages in the VRIndex under HJ it would be simpler if all the
        > debate was preserved on one site with a hyperindex to follow the
        > threads.

        Welcome back Mahlon. We were all worried about you! I am most
        grateful for your interesting message on "Matthew's Sources" and will
        give myself a day or two to answer it as it requires a proper answer
        and my time is very limited for the next few days because of various
        pressures. I have an interesting and provocative message of Kevin
        Johnson's still to respond to too. Apologies for the delay.

        On the question of the burial materials, my inclination would be to
        hold off now that we have the web archive. Old messages should be
        added to it in time and this makes me less inclined to draw together
        messages in another place.

        With good wishes

        Mark

        Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@...