Re: Jesus' Burial

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 1998
      Stevan Davies wrote:

      > Mark wrote:
      > > Sam Gibson asked for more information on this topic so I have
      > > extracted my contributions to the thread which we had in February on
      > > Jesus' burial and have placed them together here:
      > >
      > > http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre/burials.txt
      > >
      > > For others' contributions, try the archives. Information on how to
      > > access them is included with the information file sent out when you
      > > join Crosstalk.
      >
      > How about doing a more thorough job and including other
      > substantive letters? Mahlon Smith's were the Main Event in
      > the discussion as I recall it. and I had my bit to say too.

      My thoughts precisely. I reviewed Mark's & Yuri's e-mail pages & was
      impressed by the calibre of the debate we conducted in the wee hours.
      But I felt like I was eavesdropping on only bits of a long-distance
      telephone conversation & having to fill in the gaps. I considered
      extracting my contributions in toto & posting them on my own website
      with links to Mark's & Yuri's pages. But I think Steve's suggestion to
      keep all the correspondence on one site makes more sense. I don't think
      any CrossTalker would sue Mark for violating copyright if he did this.
      What do you think, Mark? If it is too much of a chore for you, I'll go
      ahead & post Steve's & my missives on this topic (along with those of
      anyone else who gives permission to include his posts) on my page. Since
      I will also include a link to these pages in the VRIndex under HJ it
      would be simpler if all the debate was preserved on one site with a
      hyperindex to follow the threads.

      Shalom!

      Mahlon

      --

      *********************

      Mahlon H. Smith,
      Associate Professor
      Department of Religion
      Rutgers University
      New Brunswick NJ

      http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
    • y.kuchinsky@utoronto.ca
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 1998
        On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Mahlon H. Smith wrote:

        > My thoughts precisely. I reviewed Mark's & Yuri's e-mail pages & was
        > impressed by the calibre of the debate we conducted in the wee hours.

        Mahlon,

        I'm glad my work in assembling some of these posts together is
        appreciated. I agree, we've had a good discussion. The second chapter is
        happening now, but I don't know if this is of the same caliber...

        > But I felt like I was eavesdropping on only bits of a long-distance
        > telephone conversation & having to fill in the gaps. I considered
        > extracting my contributions in toto & posting them on my own website
        > with links to Mark's & Yuri's pages. But I think Steve's suggestion to
        > keep all the correspondence on one site makes more sense. I don't think
        > any CrossTalker would sue Mark for violating copyright if he did this.
        > What do you think, Mark?

        Well, Mahlon, now that we have a WWW archive, thanks to Mark's timely
        interference, perhaps this problem will be solved as soon as older
        Crosstalk posts are uploaded to FindMail? I hope this happens soon...

        I'll be willing to add any other posts on the subject to my webpage if
        people send me edited files of what I should include. I haven't kept all
        of the old posts on my system, so I don't know what other people think is
        important. But as I say, as soon as all the archives for the last year are
        available on WWW, then it will be easy enough for one and all to find any
        of the old posts.

        > If it is too much of a chore for you, I'll go
        > ahead & post Steve's & my missives on this topic (along with those of
        > anyone else who gives permission to include his posts) on my page.

        You have my permission to use any of my posts, of course.

        > Since
        > I will also include a link to these pages in the VRIndex under HJ it
        > would be simpler if all the debate was preserved on one site with a
        > hyperindex to follow the threads.

        Best wishes, and welcome back. Too bad about your computer crash...

        Yuri.
      • Mark Goodacre
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 1998
          Mahlon wrote:

          > My thoughts precisely. I reviewed Mark's & Yuri's e-mail pages & was
          > impressed by the calibre of the debate we conducted in the wee
          > hours. But I felt like I was eavesdropping on only bits of a
          > long-distance telephone conversation & having to fill in the gaps. I
          > considered extracting my contributions in toto & posting them on my
          > own website with links to Mark's & Yuri's pages. But I think Steve's
          > suggestion to keep all the correspondence on one site makes more
          > sense. I don't think any CrossTalker would sue Mark for violating
          > copyright if he did this. What do you think, Mark? If it is too much
          > of a chore for you, I'll go ahead & post Steve's & my missives on
          > this topic (along with those of anyone else who gives permission to
          > include his posts) on my page. Since I will also include a link to
          > these pages in the VRIndex under HJ it would be simpler if all the
          > debate was preserved on one site with a hyperindex to follow the
          > threads.

          Welcome back Mahlon. We were all worried about you! I am most
          grateful for your interesting message on "Matthew's Sources" and will
          give myself a day or two to answer it as it requires a proper answer
          and my time is very limited for the next few days because of various
          pressures. I have an interesting and provocative message of Kevin
          Johnson's still to respond to too. Apologies for the delay.

          On the question of the burial materials, my inclination would be to
          hold off now that we have the web archive. Old messages should be
          added to it in time and this makes me less inclined to draw together
          messages in another place.

          With good wishes

          Mark

          Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@...