Re: Satan and I

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
      At 11:19 AM 9/2/98 -0700, you wrote:

      >Just out of curiosity...is there anyone on this list that believes in the
      >existence of Satan.

      Oh there must be. There are people on the list who believe in UFO's, and
      that the Antichrist lives on Jupiter!!!!

      >If not, then I would also like to know if they still consider themselves
      >Christians. Thank you.

      Please- are you attempting to say that Christianity necessitates belief in
      an evil being?

      >Jim, how do you KNOW that satan is non-existent?

      Because I am not an adherent of Zoroastrianism... and that is where the so
      called devil was invented.

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
        On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:15:21 -0400, miser17@... writes:

        NT Guru, eh? Con Grats!! The strange glow on your screen is the
        green from my envy. Very very good and all best wishes.

        Tom Simms

        the devil you care - <VLG>
      • Thomas R. W. Longstaff
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
          At 12:15 PM 9/2/98 -0400, Stevan Davies wrote (at least in part):

          >A & E has finally scheduled the "Satan" show in
          >their Biography series.
          >

          > September 21, 1998
          > Satan: Prince of Darkness
          > 8:00 PM E.S.T.
          >

          >This is the show in which, supposedly, I am the
          >New Testament Expert. I was interviewed for the
          >show at Misericordia a bit less than a year ago.
          >
          >There's quite a nicely made video preview
          >of the show, and further written information,
          >at the site:
          >
          >http://www.Biography.com/watch/listings/satan.html

          Is it significant that this comes on Rosh Hashanah?

          And the child said, "Look! The emperor isn't wearing any clothes."

          Dr. Thomas R. W. Longstaff
          Colby College
          Waterville, ME 04901
          Email: t_longst@...
          Office phone: 207 872-3150
          FAX: 207 872-3802
        • Paul Miller
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
            Jim wrote:
            There are people on the list who believe in UFO's, and
            that the Antichrist lives on Jupiter!!!! -------

            I know the Antichrist lives on Jupiter, I saw him there!!
            The UFO that abducted me last spring landed there to mine some dilithium
            crystals for fuel. We had quite a talk while I waited for my captors to
            finish and fuel up. He said he was quite proud of the Form Critical school.

            Paul Miller :)