Re: Satan and I

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
      At 12:15 PM 9/2/98 -0400, you wrote:

      >A & E has finally scheduled the "Satan" show in
      >their Biography series.
      >

      > September 21, 1998
      > Satan: Prince of Darkness
      > 8:00 PM E.S.T.
      >

      >This is the show in which, supposedly, I am the
      >New Testament Expert. I was interviewed for the
      >show at Misericordia a bit less than a year ago.
      >
      >There's quite a nicely made video preview
      >of the show, and further written information,
      >at the site:
      >
      >http://www.Biography.com/watch/listings/satan.html
      >
      >Steve

      thanks for the notice Stevan! I am sure that your comments on the
      non-existent one will be quite informative.

      Jim

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
        At 11:19 AM 9/2/98 -0700, you wrote:

        >Just out of curiosity...is there anyone on this list that believes in the
        >existence of Satan.

        Oh there must be. There are people on the list who believe in UFO's, and
        that the Antichrist lives on Jupiter!!!!

        >If not, then I would also like to know if they still consider themselves
        >Christians. Thank you.

        Please- are you attempting to say that Christianity necessitates belief in
        an evil being?

        >Jim, how do you KNOW that satan is non-existent?

        Because I am not an adherent of Zoroastrianism... and that is where the so
        called devil was invented.

        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
            On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:15:21 -0400, miser17@... writes:

            NT Guru, eh? Con Grats!! The strange glow on your screen is the
            green from my envy. Very very good and all best wishes.

            Tom Simms

            the devil you care - <VLG>
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
              Jim West wrote:

              > thanks for the notice Stevan! I am sure that your comments on the
              > non-existent one will be quite informative.

              He doesn't exist?? Wow..now who am I going to blame all
              my faults and failings on now? (g)

              Jack
            • Thomas R. W. Longstaff
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
                At 12:15 PM 9/2/98 -0400, Stevan Davies wrote (at least in part):

                >A & E has finally scheduled the "Satan" show in
                >their Biography series.
                >

                > September 21, 1998
                > Satan: Prince of Darkness
                > 8:00 PM E.S.T.
                >

                >This is the show in which, supposedly, I am the
                >New Testament Expert. I was interviewed for the
                >show at Misericordia a bit less than a year ago.
                >
                >There's quite a nicely made video preview
                >of the show, and further written information,
                >at the site:
                >
                >http://www.Biography.com/watch/listings/satan.html

                Is it significant that this comes on Rosh Hashanah?

                And the child said, "Look! The emperor isn't wearing any clothes."

                Dr. Thomas R. W. Longstaff
                Colby College
                Waterville, ME 04901
                Email: t_longst@...
                Office phone: 207 872-3150
                FAX: 207 872-3802
              • Paul Miller
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 1998
                  Jim wrote:
                  There are people on the list who believe in UFO's, and
                  that the Antichrist lives on Jupiter!!!! -------

                  I know the Antichrist lives on Jupiter, I saw him there!!
                  The UFO that abducted me last spring landed there to mine some dilithium
                  crystals for fuel. We had quite a talk while I waited for my captors to
                  finish and fuel up. He said he was quite proud of the Form Critical school.

                  Paul Miller :)