Re: test

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 1998
      On 5 Aug 98 at 17:05, Bob Schacht wrote:

      > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
      > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old chestnuts
      > out, or maybe foment something new.... Bob

      Yes, busy with other things (writing, family), and off on holiday at the end of
      the week, so this is signing off for now. If you want something interesting
      to chew on, why not have a look at Farmer's SNTS Synoptic Problem paper, "The
      Present State of the Synoptic Problem", being delivered round about now in
      Copenhagen. I have uploaded it to:

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l/farmer.htm

      I am going to put my comments on the paper on Synoptic-L tomorrow if I can find
      time.

      Happy summertime to all

      Mark
      Dept. of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT
      United Kingdom

      World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q
    • Thomas A. Kopecek
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 18, 1998
        >From: "Stevan Davies" <miser17@...>

        >Yes I do hold that view and defend it in J the H.
        >IMO it all makes perfectly good sense.
        >Others have liked the bapt as history because of its embarassment
        >factors and multiple attestation. And in Acts the bapt of John
        >and getting the spirit are carefully separated and two entirely
        >different things.

        Yeah, but unlike Mark and Matthew, Luke 3:21-22 separates the descent of the
        HS onto Jesus from the baptism too, so what does Acts prove? Or are you back
        to your notion, which intrigues me, that Acts was written before Luke, say,
        in the 60s, and then Luke 1-2 was added last of all? Am I remembering that
        correctly? It's been a while since I've been tuned into Davies-speak, except
        for the Davies textbook intro to the NT, which I also used this semester:
        getting to like that volume more and more every time I use it.

        Tom
        _______________________________________
        Thomas A. Kopecek, Religion and History
        Central College, Pella, Iowa 50219
        email: kopecekt@...
      • Antonio Jerez
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 13 11:57 AM
          TEST
        • Jeffrey B. Gibson
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 27, 1999
            Apologies for sending a test message, but I think the work that has been
            affecting others has finally come my way. I don't seem to be receiving any
            recent CT postings.

            Yours,

            Jeffrey Gibson
            --