Re: test

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
      > >On 5 Aug 98, at 12:04, Bob Schacht wrote:
      > >
      > >> test
      > >> (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
      > >> CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

      > At 07:05 PM 8/5/98 -0400, Lewis Reich replied:

      > >Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
      > >my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...

      Bob S. mused:

      > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
      > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old
      > chestnuts out, or maybe foment something new....
      > Bob

      And Mahlon's marking exams, updating webpages & entertaining company
      from Germany.

      Shalom!

      Mahlon

      --

      *********************

      Mahlon H. Smith,
      Associate Professor
      Department of Religion
      Rutgers University
      New Brunswick NJ

      http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
    • Mark Goodacre
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6, 1998
        On 5 Aug 98 at 17:05, Bob Schacht wrote:

        > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
        > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old chestnuts
        > out, or maybe foment something new.... Bob

        Yes, busy with other things (writing, family), and off on holiday at the end of
        the week, so this is signing off for now. If you want something interesting
        to chew on, why not have a look at Farmer's SNTS Synoptic Problem paper, "The
        Present State of the Synoptic Problem", being delivered round about now in
        Copenhagen. I have uploaded it to:

        http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l/farmer.htm

        I am going to put my comments on the paper on Synoptic-L tomorrow if I can find
        time.

        Happy summertime to all

        Mark
        Dept. of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
        University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
        Birmingham B15 2TT
        United Kingdom

        World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q
      • Thomas A. Kopecek
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 18, 1998
          >From: "Stevan Davies" <miser17@...>

          >Yes I do hold that view and defend it in J the H.
          >IMO it all makes perfectly good sense.
          >Others have liked the bapt as history because of its embarassment
          >factors and multiple attestation. And in Acts the bapt of John
          >and getting the spirit are carefully separated and two entirely
          >different things.

          Yeah, but unlike Mark and Matthew, Luke 3:21-22 separates the descent of the
          HS onto Jesus from the baptism too, so what does Acts prove? Or are you back
          to your notion, which intrigues me, that Acts was written before Luke, say,
          in the 60s, and then Luke 1-2 was added last of all? Am I remembering that
          correctly? It's been a while since I've been tuned into Davies-speak, except
          for the Davies textbook intro to the NT, which I also used this semester:
          getting to like that volume more and more every time I use it.

          Tom
          _______________________________________
          Thomas A. Kopecek, Religion and History
          Central College, Pella, Iowa 50219
          email: kopecekt@...
        • Antonio Jerez
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 13, 1999
            TEST
          • Jeffrey B. Gibson
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 27, 1999
              Apologies for sending a test message, but I think the work that has been
              affecting others has finally come my way. I don't seem to be receiving any
              recent CT postings.

              Yours,

              Jeffrey Gibson
              --