Re: test

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
      At 07:05 PM 8/5/98 -0400, Lewis Reich wrote:
      >Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
      >my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...
      >
      >Lewis

      Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
      Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old
      chestnuts out, or maybe foment something new....
      Bob

      >On 5 Aug 98, at 12:04, Bob Schacht wrote:
      >
      >> test
      >> (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
      >> CrossTalk messages to respond to!)
      >>
      >> "We all do tend to be hypercritical of the evangelists and take other
      >> texts at face value."
      >> --Stevan Davies, Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:26:33

      Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D., Director of Research
      American Indian Rehabilitation Research & Training Center
      Institute for Human Development, University Affiliated Program
      P.O.Box 5630
      Northern Arizona University
      Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5630
      phone 520-523-1342; FAX 520-523-9127
      http://www.nau.edu/~ihd/airrtc.html
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
        > >On 5 Aug 98, at 12:04, Bob Schacht wrote:
        > >
        > >> test
        > >> (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
        > >> CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

        > At 07:05 PM 8/5/98 -0400, Lewis Reich replied:

        > >Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
        > >my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...

        Bob S. mused:

        > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
        > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old
        > chestnuts out, or maybe foment something new....
        > Bob

        And Mahlon's marking exams, updating webpages & entertaining company
        from Germany.

        Shalom!

        Mahlon

        --

        *********************

        Mahlon H. Smith,
        Associate Professor
        Department of Religion
        Rutgers University
        New Brunswick NJ

        http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
      • Mark Goodacre
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 1998
          On 5 Aug 98 at 17:05, Bob Schacht wrote:

          > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
          > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old chestnuts
          > out, or maybe foment something new.... Bob

          Yes, busy with other things (writing, family), and off on holiday at the end of
          the week, so this is signing off for now. If you want something interesting
          to chew on, why not have a look at Farmer's SNTS Synoptic Problem paper, "The
          Present State of the Synoptic Problem", being delivered round about now in
          Copenhagen. I have uploaded it to:

          http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l/farmer.htm

          I am going to put my comments on the paper on Synoptic-L tomorrow if I can find
          time.

          Happy summertime to all

          Mark
          Dept. of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
          University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
          Birmingham B15 2TT
          United Kingdom

          World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q
        • Thomas A. Kopecek
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 18, 1998
            >From: "Stevan Davies" <miser17@...>

            >Yes I do hold that view and defend it in J the H.
            >IMO it all makes perfectly good sense.
            >Others have liked the bapt as history because of its embarassment
            >factors and multiple attestation. And in Acts the bapt of John
            >and getting the spirit are carefully separated and two entirely
            >different things.

            Yeah, but unlike Mark and Matthew, Luke 3:21-22 separates the descent of the
            HS onto Jesus from the baptism too, so what does Acts prove? Or are you back
            to your notion, which intrigues me, that Acts was written before Luke, say,
            in the 60s, and then Luke 1-2 was added last of all? Am I remembering that
            correctly? It's been a while since I've been tuned into Davies-speak, except
            for the Davies textbook intro to the NT, which I also used this semester:
            getting to like that volume more and more every time I use it.

            Tom
            _______________________________________
            Thomas A. Kopecek, Religion and History
            Central College, Pella, Iowa 50219
            email: kopecekt@...
          • Antonio Jerez
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 13, 1999
              TEST
            • Jeffrey B. Gibson
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 27, 1999
                Apologies for sending a test message, but I think the work that has been
                affecting others has finally come my way. I don't seem to be receiving any
                recent CT postings.

                Yours,

                Jeffrey Gibson
                --