Re: test

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
      At 12:04 PM 8/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
      >test
      >(What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
      >CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

      shocking!!!! but all is well- for I have receieved nothing either.

      Best,

      jim

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
        Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
        my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...

        Lewis

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
          At 07:05 PM 8/5/98 -0400, Lewis Reich wrote:
          >Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
          >my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...
          >
          >Lewis

          Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
          Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old
          chestnuts out, or maybe foment something new....
          Bob

          >On 5 Aug 98, at 12:04, Bob Schacht wrote:
          >
          >> test
          >> (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
          >> CrossTalk messages to respond to!)
          >>
          >> "We all do tend to be hypercritical of the evangelists and take other
          >> texts at face value."
          >> --Stevan Davies, Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:26:33

          Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D., Director of Research
          American Indian Rehabilitation Research & Training Center
          Institute for Human Development, University Affiliated Program
          P.O.Box 5630
          Northern Arizona University
          Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5630
          phone 520-523-1342; FAX 520-523-9127
          http://www.nau.edu/~ihd/airrtc.html
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
            > >On 5 Aug 98, at 12:04, Bob Schacht wrote:
            > >
            > >> test
            > >> (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
            > >> CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

            > At 07:05 PM 8/5/98 -0400, Lewis Reich replied:

            > >Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
            > >my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...

            Bob S. mused:

            > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
            > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old
            > chestnuts out, or maybe foment something new....
            > Bob

            And Mahlon's marking exams, updating webpages & entertaining company
            from Germany.

            Shalom!

            Mahlon

            --

            *********************

            Mahlon H. Smith,
            Associate Professor
            Department of Religion
            Rutgers University
            New Brunswick NJ

            http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
          • Mark Goodacre
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6, 1998
              On 5 Aug 98 at 17:05, Bob Schacht wrote:

              > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
              > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old chestnuts
              > out, or maybe foment something new.... Bob

              Yes, busy with other things (writing, family), and off on holiday at the end of
              the week, so this is signing off for now. If you want something interesting
              to chew on, why not have a look at Farmer's SNTS Synoptic Problem paper, "The
              Present State of the Synoptic Problem", being delivered round about now in
              Copenhagen. I have uploaded it to:

              http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l/farmer.htm

              I am going to put my comments on the paper on Synoptic-L tomorrow if I can find
              time.

              Happy summertime to all

              Mark
              Dept. of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
              University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
              Birmingham B15 2TT
              United Kingdom

              World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q
            • Thomas A. Kopecek
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 18, 1998
                >From: "Stevan Davies" <miser17@...>

                >Yes I do hold that view and defend it in J the H.
                >IMO it all makes perfectly good sense.
                >Others have liked the bapt as history because of its embarassment
                >factors and multiple attestation. And in Acts the bapt of John
                >and getting the spirit are carefully separated and two entirely
                >different things.

                Yeah, but unlike Mark and Matthew, Luke 3:21-22 separates the descent of the
                HS onto Jesus from the baptism too, so what does Acts prove? Or are you back
                to your notion, which intrigues me, that Acts was written before Luke, say,
                in the 60s, and then Luke 1-2 was added last of all? Am I remembering that
                correctly? It's been a while since I've been tuned into Davies-speak, except
                for the Davies textbook intro to the NT, which I also used this semester:
                getting to like that volume more and more every time I use it.

                Tom
                _______________________________________
                Thomas A. Kopecek, Religion and History
                Central College, Pella, Iowa 50219
                email: kopecekt@...
              • Antonio Jerez
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 13 11:57 AM
                  TEST
                • Jeffrey B. Gibson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 27, 1999
                    Apologies for sending a test message, but I think the work that has been
                    affecting others has finally come my way. I don't seem to be receiving any
                    recent CT postings.

                    Yours,

                    Jeffrey Gibson
                    --