test

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
      test
      (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
      CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

      "We all do tend to be hypercritical of the evangelists and take other
      texts at face value."
      --Stevan Davies, Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:26:33
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
        At 12:04 PM 8/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
        >test
        >(What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
        >CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

        shocking!!!! but all is well- for I have receieved nothing either.

        Best,

        jim

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
          Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
          my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...

          Lewis

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
            At 07:05 PM 8/5/98 -0400, Lewis Reich wrote:
            >Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
            >my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...
            >
            >Lewis

            Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
            Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old
            chestnuts out, or maybe foment something new....
            Bob

            >On 5 Aug 98, at 12:04, Bob Schacht wrote:
            >
            >> test
            >> (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
            >> CrossTalk messages to respond to!)
            >>
            >> "We all do tend to be hypercritical of the evangelists and take other
            >> texts at face value."
            >> --Stevan Davies, Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:26:33

            Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D., Director of Research
            American Indian Rehabilitation Research & Training Center
            Institute for Human Development, University Affiliated Program
            P.O.Box 5630
            Northern Arizona University
            Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5630
            phone 520-523-1342; FAX 520-523-9127
            http://www.nau.edu/~ihd/airrtc.html
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 5, 1998
              > >On 5 Aug 98, at 12:04, Bob Schacht wrote:
              > >
              > >> test
              > >> (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
              > >> CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

              > At 07:05 PM 8/5/98 -0400, Lewis Reich replied:

              > >Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
              > >my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...

              Bob S. mused:

              > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
              > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old
              > chestnuts out, or maybe foment something new....
              > Bob

              And Mahlon's marking exams, updating webpages & entertaining company
              from Germany.

              Shalom!

              Mahlon

              --

              *********************

              Mahlon H. Smith,
              Associate Professor
              Department of Religion
              Rutgers University
              New Brunswick NJ

              http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
            • Mark Goodacre
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 6, 1998
                On 5 Aug 98 at 17:05, Bob Schacht wrote:

                > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
                > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old chestnuts
                > out, or maybe foment something new.... Bob

                Yes, busy with other things (writing, family), and off on holiday at the end of
                the week, so this is signing off for now. If you want something interesting
                to chew on, why not have a look at Farmer's SNTS Synoptic Problem paper, "The
                Present State of the Synoptic Problem", being delivered round about now in
                Copenhagen. I have uploaded it to:

                http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l/farmer.htm

                I am going to put my comments on the paper on Synoptic-L tomorrow if I can find
                time.

                Happy summertime to all

                Mark
                Dept. of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
                University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
                Birmingham B15 2TT
                United Kingdom

                World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q
              • Thomas A. Kopecek
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 18, 1998
                  >From: "Stevan Davies" <miser17@...>

                  >Yes I do hold that view and defend it in J the H.
                  >IMO it all makes perfectly good sense.
                  >Others have liked the bapt as history because of its embarassment
                  >factors and multiple attestation. And in Acts the bapt of John
                  >and getting the spirit are carefully separated and two entirely
                  >different things.

                  Yeah, but unlike Mark and Matthew, Luke 3:21-22 separates the descent of the
                  HS onto Jesus from the baptism too, so what does Acts prove? Or are you back
                  to your notion, which intrigues me, that Acts was written before Luke, say,
                  in the 60s, and then Luke 1-2 was added last of all? Am I remembering that
                  correctly? It's been a while since I've been tuned into Davies-speak, except
                  for the Davies textbook intro to the NT, which I also used this semester:
                  getting to like that volume more and more every time I use it.

                  Tom
                  _______________________________________
                  Thomas A. Kopecek, Religion and History
                  Central College, Pella, Iowa 50219
                  email: kopecekt@...
                • Antonio Jerez
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 13, 1999
                    TEST
                  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 27, 1999
                      Apologies for sending a test message, but I think the work that has been
                      affecting others has finally come my way. I don't seem to be receiving any
                      recent CT postings.

                      Yours,

                      Jeffrey Gibson
                      --