Re: (Aland) Tom Wright

  • Antonio Jerez
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 10:27 PM
      Richard Anderson wrote:

      >Antonio Jerez, greetings:
      >> Just being back from another little detour to the south of Sweden and
      >> Germany
      >
      >Did you travel by way of Aland, the home of my ancestors? How is Aland
      >these days?
      >Richard H. Anderson

      Greetings Richard,

      Glad to hear you are of Swedish ancestry. With that kind of surname
      you surely must be. And no, I didn't travel by way of Aland ( I suppose
      you mean "Aland" with a dot on the first a) since Aland is an island
      to the east of Stockholm. Culturally Aland is also swedish (the people
      there speak swedish) but nowadays it is part of Finland. I actually
      travelled by way of Lund, Malmo and Trelleborg to Rostock in northern
      Germany.
      Have you ever visited the land of your ancestors? If not I really
      recommend it.

      Best wishes

      Antonio