Re: Tom Wright

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 1998
      At 10:26 PM 8/2/98 +0200, you wrote:
      >Bob Schacht wrote:
      >

      >Just being back from another little detour to the south of Sweden and
      >Germany my eye caught the special attention of this little message
      >of Bob. Since I have read Wright's Jesus' books (and also his book
      >on Paul) and have come to the conclusion that the man often works
      >like an idiot, I cannot see any reason that his new video would be any
      >better than his writings. But I may of course be mistaken.

      Ouch!!!! (though I agree in your assesment of Wright's writings).

      >And my appreciation of the general intelligence level of most biblical scholars
      >hasn't become more positive since I read another review of Wright's
      >book in the journal "Biblical Interpretation". The reviewer - Paul Achtemeier -
      >wrote a glowing review of Wright's Jesus book without even for a moment
      >spotting the many problems with it.

      Double ouch! Now this one really hurts.

      >It's also good to see that it is life on Crosstalk even in high Summer.
      >When do the rest of you on the other side of the Atalantic have vacations?
      >I've just finished my five weeks. Have to go back to work on Monday.

      5 weeks?! my god.... what kinda job lets ya have 5 weeks off?

      >Best wishes
      >
      >Antonio

      Best,

      and welcome back.

      Jim

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Jim West, ThD
      Adjunct Professor of Bible

    • Antonio Jerez
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 1998

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 1998
          Antonio wrote:

          >>It's also good to see that it is life on Crosstalk even in high Summer.
          >>When do the rest of you on the other side of the Atalantic have vacations?
          >>I've just finished my five weeks. Have to go back to work on Monday.

          Jim West replied:
          >5 weeks?! my god.... what kinda job lets ya have 5 weeks off?

          Almost any kind of job. By state law every worker in Sweden is
          entiteled to a minimum of 5 weeks of paid vacation. This is not
          something unique for Sweden. Almost all west European countries
          have similar vacation lenghts - I think the Germans have even got
          a sixth week. When it comes to vacations I think we are much better
          off in good old Europe than in America. The american workers haven't
          realized yet that they are virtually enslaved and cheated up to the neck.

          >>Best wishes
          >>
          >>Antonio
          >
          >Best,
          >
          >and welcome back.