Jesus in India?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 1998
      On Fri, 31 Jul 1998 12:48:57 -0700, jkilmon@... writes:
      >Mahlon H. Smith wrote:
      >
      >> Since the resurrection accounts in the gospels are inconsistent & have

      [... snip ... noted ...]

      > I think we should contemplate the possibility that Jesus survived
      >the ordeal...that the feller or fellers all in white may have been Essenes/
      >physicians...and the 100 Lbs of Myrrh and Aloe (far too much for
      >burial preparation) was for healing purposes.

      Agreed.

      >Hmmm...wonder `bout that "twin" feller that went to India?

      a. I'd prefere to follow the more detailed account set out by HJ
      Schonflield in _The Essene Odyssey_. Shaftesbury Dorset:
      Element Books, 1984. I have since tirned away from his con-
      nection of the to the Essenes as strongly as he does but the
      Therapeut connection is hard to dismiss as is the current data
      from both West and East that arges for a presence in Kashmir.

      b. The "Twin" argument I take as notice of Thoth and Thothmes,
      people named for the god of wisdom and that the Egyptians
      called him TWICE Great while the Greeks who called the god
      Hermes called him Thrice Great or Hermes Trismegistos who is
      fully quoted in the Nag Hammadi Library and whose brief pithy
      quotations about Egypt I use as Foreword and Afterword for my
      text, _Behind The Bible_. I think the use of "twin" is a
      garbled understanding of the title of the god Thoth.

      >Jack
      >jkilmon@historian

      _O_ /\
      Tom Simms | //\\ <tsimms@...>