test

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 14, 1998
      Please ignore. I don't seem to be receiving messages I'm sending to the
      list this morning, though I am getting certain of the ones that others
      have been posting.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5 12:04 PM
        test
        (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
        CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

        "We all do tend to be hypercritical of the evangelists and take other
        texts at face value."
        --Stevan Davies, Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:26:33
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5 12:28 PM
          At 12:04 PM 8/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
          >test
          >(What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
          >CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

          shocking!!!! but all is well- for I have receieved nothing either.

          Best,

          jim

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5 4:05 PM
            Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
            my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...

            Lewis

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 5 5:05 PM
              At 07:05 PM 8/5/98 -0400, Lewis Reich wrote:
              >Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
              >my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...
              >
              >Lewis

              Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
              Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old
              chestnuts out, or maybe foment something new....
              Bob

              >On 5 Aug 98, at 12:04, Bob Schacht wrote:
              >
              >> test
              >> (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
              >> CrossTalk messages to respond to!)
              >>
              >> "We all do tend to be hypercritical of the evangelists and take other
              >> texts at face value."
              >> --Stevan Davies, Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:26:33

              Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D., Director of Research
              American Indian Rehabilitation Research & Training Center
              Institute for Human Development, University Affiliated Program
              P.O.Box 5630
              Northern Arizona University
              Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5630
              phone 520-523-1342; FAX 520-523-9127
              http://www.nau.edu/~ihd/airrtc.html
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 5 10:19 PM
                > >On 5 Aug 98, at 12:04, Bob Schacht wrote:
                > >
                > >> test
                > >> (What is this, a slow traffic day? Here it is, lunch hour, and no new
                > >> CrossTalk messages to respond to!)

                > At 07:05 PM 8/5/98 -0400, Lewis Reich replied:

                > >Seems to happen sometimes. I've been wondering if something's wrong with
                > >my b-hebrew subscription; haven't gotten anything in over two weeks...

                Bob S. mused:

                > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
                > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old
                > chestnuts out, or maybe foment something new....
                > Bob

                And Mahlon's marking exams, updating webpages & entertaining company
                from Germany.

                Shalom!

                Mahlon

                --

                *********************

                Mahlon H. Smith,
                Associate Professor
                Department of Religion
                Rutgers University
                New Brunswick NJ

                http://religion.rutgers.edu/mhsmith.html
              • Mark Goodacre
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 6 2:49 AM
                  On 5 Aug 98 at 17:05, Bob Schacht wrote:

                  > Must be cuz steve d. is off on vacation and mark g. is busy with something.
                  > Maybe if I have time later tonight I'll see if I can drag some old chestnuts
                  > out, or maybe foment something new.... Bob

                  Yes, busy with other things (writing, family), and off on holiday at the end of
                  the week, so this is signing off for now. If you want something interesting
                  to chew on, why not have a look at Farmer's SNTS Synoptic Problem paper, "The
                  Present State of the Synoptic Problem", being delivered round about now in
                  Copenhagen. I have uploaded it to:

                  http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l/farmer.htm

                  I am going to put my comments on the paper on Synoptic-L tomorrow if I can find
                  time.

                  Happy summertime to all

                  Mark
                  Dept. of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
                  University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
                  Birmingham B15 2TT
                  United Kingdom

                  World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q
                • Thomas A. Kopecek
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 18, 1998
                    >From: "Stevan Davies" <miser17@...>

                    >Yes I do hold that view and defend it in J the H.
                    >IMO it all makes perfectly good sense.
                    >Others have liked the bapt as history because of its embarassment
                    >factors and multiple attestation. And in Acts the bapt of John
                    >and getting the spirit are carefully separated and two entirely
                    >different things.

                    Yeah, but unlike Mark and Matthew, Luke 3:21-22 separates the descent of the
                    HS onto Jesus from the baptism too, so what does Acts prove? Or are you back
                    to your notion, which intrigues me, that Acts was written before Luke, say,
                    in the 60s, and then Luke 1-2 was added last of all? Am I remembering that
                    correctly? It's been a while since I've been tuned into Davies-speak, except
                    for the Davies textbook intro to the NT, which I also used this semester:
                    getting to like that volume more and more every time I use it.

                    Tom
                    _______________________________________
                    Thomas A. Kopecek, Religion and History
                    Central College, Pella, Iowa 50219
                    email: kopecekt@...
                  • Antonio Jerez
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 13, 1999
                      TEST
                    • Jeffrey B. Gibson
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 27, 1999
                        Apologies for sending a test message, but I think the work that has been
                        affecting others has finally come my way. I don't seem to be receiving any
                        recent CT postings.

                        Yours,

                        Jeffrey Gibson
                        --