6753Respect yourself (was: Re: Darwin's Sheep !)

  • Isidoros
    May 27, 1999
      >> This is no longer Crosstalk.
      >
      >> Not sure about the last. What I am sure of is that is no longer Mike.
      >
      >Now why would you be so unkind, Isidoros? Is it because you still hope to
      >save the >old group? I'm afraid it's no longer possible. Too little, too
      >late. Substantive >discussions on XT2 are already in full swing - the old
      >members returning - the >glory of old Crosstalk born again!
      >
      >> Besides, if this is no longer the Crosstalk to you, what are
      >> you doing loitering around about this list. Why, move on to
      >> something scholarly. Isidoros
      >
      >I have non-scholarly interests as well. The stuff that I think is
      >scholarly, I send to >XT2, the non-scholarly stuff here. I don't
      >cross-post to both lists. The reason I'm >hanging around here is
      >curiosity, more than anything else. Occasionally, something >strikes my
      >fancy and (like you) I speak up. I hope you don't begrudge me that small
      >>pleasure.
      >
      >Mike G.

      Mike, anyone,

      as long as the Purpose definition of this list is the same this remains
      Crosstalk. Where I am a subscribed--for the purposes Crosstalk represents.
      And as long as the list description remains the same, I, at least, expect
      no lowly wanton humor from anyone, and especially against CT. No crap.
      If you seek to "take pleasure" out of this difficulty, go take it elsewhere.
      In fact, take your non-scholarly interests and fancies from some other
      place, as well. As long as you stay subscribed, I, as member of this list,
      I expect you to respect its purposes, me and all the other members
      - yourself including.

      Isidoros
      Unkind, you said? I am being truly kind to you--if you could see it.