6750Re: Knitting circle & Star of Bethlehem

  • Christ Thomas
    May 26, 1999
      STAR OF BETHLEHEM

      Ian wrote, Christ, use the reply to all feature.

      Sometimes, Ian can be helpful and today is another one of days. He
      suggested, and I agree, we should make some more scholarly progress
      relative to Jesus and christian history.

      Ian Hutchesson wrote:

      > Would you biddies stop this unmitigated crap, please?
      >
      > I think Mr Mathis or Bill or our mutual friend or whatever you'd like to
      > call him is more inviting than the slop that has been pouring onto my
      > computer screen in the last few days from you lot. I wish you'd all get
      > back to knitting. We already have enough yarns to spin.
      >
      > Ian

      Thank you Ian. To my friends it’s is Bill. To officials of churches and
      governments it’s still Christ. Since you and Mike now consider me your
      friend, Perhaps my reading, Dale’s book, relative to, “How to make
      Friends and Influence People,” must be actually bearing fruit. We are
      making progress.

      We good scholars are keeping up with Jack’s good efforts relative to
      getting Tomm’s head out of the Turin before someone flushes the toilet.
      However, good old Tomm’s stubborn. Did anyone know Tom’s AKA is
      THOTHMES?

      Now, let’s not digress. Let us all, as my new friend, Ian suggested,
      move forward and learn something about HJ and Christian history. Today’s
      topic. “Star of Bethlehem.” Was Bethlehem a location or a town the
      prophets were referring too? Well yes and no. What about the manger
      thingy? Let’s talk about that too.

      First, things and times and places change throughout the progression of
      history. We scholars are all aware of that. An example in todays world,
      would be, that astrology and astronomy are two separate disciplines.
      Yesterday they were one and the same science. Astrology deals with the
      physical aspects of the heavens and astronomy refers to esoteric, or to
      some of our other scholars, mystic mysteries.

      Therefore, with that in mind, let’s review, some of our scholarly
      prophets words.
      First a changing location. A town called Ephrath changed to Bethlehem.
      It was quite a cemetery. Judg. 12:10 Then died Ibzan, and was buried
      at Bethlehem.

      Gen. 48:7 And as for me, when I came from Padan, Rachel died by me in
      the land of Canaan in the way, when yet there was but a little way to
      come unto Ephrath: and I buried her there in the way of Ephrath; the
      same is Bethlehem.

      Realizing that bit of history, let’s now move on to bury the myth of
      Bethlehem.
      The prophet, Micah, gave the three wise men, which were Astrologers and
      astronomers, a time and a place, in which, to expect the christ child to
      be born.
      He gave them the astrological directions, longitude, (time) and
      latitude, (location,) of the birth. He told them to look to the stars in
      the heavens.

      Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among
      the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that
      is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from
      everlasting.

      YEP! ONCE THE STARS, IN THE HEAVENS, POINTED TO THE DIRECTION, ALL THAT
      HAD TO DO WAS GO TO THAT LOCATION AND FIND OUT WHICH PERSON HAD BEEN
      BORN AT THAT TIME. THAT WOULD HELP THEM IDENTIFY THE NEW BORN KING. THEY
      HAD SEEN, WHAT APPEARED TO BE A LARGE STAR, IN THE HEAVENS.

      Matt. 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days
      of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to
      Jerusalem,

      Matt. 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we
      have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

      Matt. 2:3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled,
      and all Jerusalem with him.

      Matt. 2:4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes
      of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

      Matt. 2:5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it
      is written by the prophet,

      Matt. 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, art not the least
      among the princes of Judah: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that
      shall rule my people Israel.

      Matt. 2:7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men,
      inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.

      Since we scholars know the story of the political problems the Magi
      encountered when they arrived at the location let us move on to the time
      and place they discovered the children. That’s right! Children. TWINS!
      Not only were there serious political problems to overcome, now there
      were also identity problems.
      Luke 22:38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he
      said unto them, It is enough.

      Which was the firstborn they inquired of the parents.? Matt. 1:25 And
      knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called
      his name JESUS.
      MAYBE JOSEPH DID NOT KNOW HER BUT SOMEONE DID. It is rumored she was
      raped by two Roman soldiers. But it’s not recorded. Let’s move on.

      So the birth appears, from recorded history, to have occurred in
      Jerusalem. Additionally, the practice to give twins similar names, is
      still employed today.
      Mary named them Jesus and Judas. They were a couple cute little guys. My
      Good scholarly friend Judith Powell also has a twin. What about the
      manger thingy?
      Not much to say there. Mangers were a hole in the ground or a cave, in
      which the animals were kept. Today, we house domestic farm animals in
      barns.

      The homework assignment for today scholars is how can we validate the
      star and the birth event? I am going to give you a hint. Astronomer
      Johannes Kepler.

      All this week Marie and I have been remodeling the back yard to reflect,
      like my office, an Egyptian theme. Marie is a marvelous interior
      decorator. I direct the yard stuff. Marie is also my in home spell
      checker. Jose, I believe your Hispanic name, would be translated, in
      it’s English counterpart, into Joseph, . Similarly, the Hispanic form of
      Marie would be translated to it’s English form, “MARY!”

      We have worked hard all week transforming the yard and today I am going
      to take her out for some R&R. We are going to a historical festival in
      the mountain.

      You have your assignment scholars so hop to it.

      I love you so.
      your friend,

      CHRIST DIDYMUS THOMAS

      P.S. Tom, did you know this . GOD CALLED THOTH OUT OF EGYPT.

      Matt. 2:13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord
      appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child
      and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring
      thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

      Matt. 2:14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by
      night, and departed into Egypt:

      Matt. 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be
      fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of
      Egypt have I called my son. THE FIRST SON OF GOD, “THOTH.” Let’s keep on
      track Tom. Turin?