2176Re: Re: Mark 8:19-21

  • PetersnICS@aol.com
    Sep 2, 1998
      In a message dated 9/1/98 5:25:11 PM, Bruce Brooks wrote:

      >Jeff, could you complete the summary for me?
      >
      >How does Farrer deal with, or what symbolic resolution does he make of, the
      >
      >5000 plus 4000 equals 9000? Or does he? I see, by skipping ahead, that the
      >
      >end of the chapter includes the line: "We have been led to an answer which
      >
      >has not the neatness necessary for entire convincingness . . . "

      The hurrieder I go the behinder I get, but I'll try to comply with Bruce's
      request tomorrow morning, if he hasn't returned to complete the summary by
      then. In the meantime, if my presence on CrossTalk has encouraged only one
      closer reading of _St Matthew and St Mark_ than the book has previously
      received, I'll consider it time not spent in vain.

      Jeff Peterson
      Institute for Christian Studies
      Austin, TX, USA
      e-mail: peterson@...