New! Durham Critical Mass

  • nicomachus@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2003
      Durham, NC, like hundreds of other cities, is now staging Critical Mass rides on the last Friday of every month. The first Durham ride will be in February.

      Join us Friday, February 28th, at 5:00pm at the Durham Food Co-op, on Chapel Hill St., for a fun, socially conscious ride through the streets of Durham.

      Who should join us? Anyone who believes:
              -- that we need more bike lanes;
              -- that everyone, from city planners to motorists, needs to think more about bicyclists;
              -- that the makeup of our streets ought to reflect the fact that there are more bikes sold around the world (and in the U.S.) per year than cars and that more people around the world ride bicycles than drive cars;
              -- that bicycles and other person-powered devices are viable, clean, efficient, healthy, and fun alternative sources of transportation;
              -- that riding with a group is not only a way to get our voices heard, it is even more fun than riding alone.

      Dress in costumes, bring signs, play music, bring your children or grandparents, and have fun.