Fanfic research

  • niresoma
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2008
      Crispin,
      I'm doing a Bleach fanfic in which Ichigo and etc. go to an anime
      convention. Within this convention, there's a Code Geass panel with
      you, John Bosch and Steve Blum. In order for this fanfic to be
      authentic as possible, I was wondering if you could answer some CG
      related questions for me and if I could use your answers (if you
      choose to answer them) in my fanfic.

      1. Did you specifically choose to audition to Jeremiah? Or was there
      some other CG character you thought you'd be cast as?

      2. Why do you think Jeremiah was offended when Zero called him Orange?

      3. If you had an Geass, what would you do?

      4. Do you like playing more zany characters like Jeremiah or serious
      like Tsume?

      5. For fun, what is something out of character but funny that
      Jeremiah would say? (Sonny Strait and Chris Sabat had fun with this
      at the last convention I was at so I thought I'd ask you. Ex:
      Lupin: "Lugan, I'd like to see you in a mini skirt!")

      Thanks for your help. I really like CG and plan on buying the series
      once the box sets come out...and maybe a fan fic featuring Villeta
      and Jeremiah. :-)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2009
        I'm not really one who goes in for fanfic. I think it's great that
        you enjoy it, but I myself don't spend much time around it.

        I'm happy to answer some of your questions, but for others, I think
        you may be better off using your own imagination than depending on me
        as the authority for the character. After all, didn't write the
        character, I just portray him in the anime.

        1) I did not specifically audition for Jeremiah. It was one of those
        rare cases where I was just asked to come in and play the part. I
        don't remember auditioning at all.

        2) I think Jeremiah gets upset about the Orange comment because it
        embarrasses him. It makes him look incompetent and/or like he is in
        cahoots with Zero.

        3) I'm not sure what I'd do with a Geass. It would depend on the type
        of Geass I think.

        4) It's fun playing both zany and serious characters. Usually I'm
        more interested in the quality of the story I'm working on than the
        type of character I'm playing.

        5) I think it would be funny to listen to Jeremiah order McDonalds at
        the Drive-Thru. Can you imagine his voice coming through that little
        speaker? "I'll have a NUMBER 4 BRITANNIAN COMBO MEAL! EXTRA
        KETCHUP! AND SUPERSIZE IT!"
        Voice Actor / Director
        crispinfreeman@...
        http://www.crispinfreeman.com