Re: [crispin_freeman_fansite] A voice actor's life?

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2008
      Luckily, as a voice actor no one stops you on the street and says that
      they saw you in last night's episode of "Law and Order". Although I
      have been recognized in a parking lot in Montana, but that's another
      story...

      The only time I'm treated like a celebrity is at a convention, and
      that's fine with me. I like being able to walk down the street
      without getting harassed. I like sitting on a plane and no one feels
      the need to come up and talk to me or look at me funny. But that's
      just me.

      Being a voice actor means that only those people who really like your
      work and are sincerely interested in it want to talk to you. That's a
      big plus in my book.
      Voice Actor / Director
      crispinfreeman@...
      http://www.crispinfreeman.com

      On Nov 22, 2008, at 9:23 PM, shadow_flame16 wrote:

      > Hey Crispin,
      >
      > I was just curious to know if being a voice actor changes your life
      > drastically? Like, are you treated like a celebrity or can you treat
      > this as another job and live a normal life.
      >
      > I hope you don't think it rude of me to ask. Its just that I have
      > been
      > curious because I know how popular seiyuus are in Japan.
      >
      > It would stink if you wouldn't be able to walk down the street without
      > people asking for your autograph.
      >
      > Thank you for your time.
      >
      > -Deanna

    • Stephanos Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2008
        Hey Crispin I have a few questions for you

        1.) You done a magnificent job as director for Scrapped Princess. if given the chance would you direct another anime dub?

        2.) Do you enjoy voice acting or voice directing more or do you love both professions the same?

        3.) Have there been any dream projects you always wanted to do ? Like a certain voice acting role or dub you wanted to direct?

        4.) Since youre a fan of classic gaming what is your favorite video game console?

        5.) This question is totally out of left field but is there any one who could kill Alucard ? I mean throw an horde of ghouls a demented regenrating vatican priest , and an army of nazi vampires his way but that guy just wont stay down lol

        Anyway thanks you for time

        ________________________________

        crispinfreeman@ hotmail.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
          1) I'm glad you liked my directing work on Scrapped Princess. Thank
          you. Right now, I am not looking to direct another anime. I have
          many other projects on my plate that I want to accomplish.

          2) I like both voice acting and directing. Directing takes a lot more
          effort and time and commitment. It can also be more satisfying in the
          end. However, right now I need to devote my time to other endeavors
          outside of directing anime.

          3) I've always wanted to direct a dub of Escaflowne and I've always
          wanted to play Hana in Tokyo Godfathers.

          4) I have to admit, I'm not much of a console junkie. I just get
          attached to certain games and then keep playing them long after that
          game or console has become obsolete. I love Diablo II. I love
          Starcraft. I love Shadow of the Colossus. I like San Francisco Rush
          2049 (silly car racing game). All of them are ancient in video game
          time.

          5) Dr. VanHellsing, Integra's ancestor, defeated Alucard once and I
          imagine he could find a way to do it again.

          On Dec 3, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Stephanos Williams wrote:

          > Hey Crispin I have a few questions for you
          >
          > 1.) You done a magnificent job as director for Scrapped Princess. if
          > given the chance would you direct another anime dub?
          >
          > 2.) Do you enjoy voice acting or voice directing more or do you love
          > both professions the same?
          >
          > 3.) Have there been any dream projects you always wanted to do ?
          > Like a certain voice acting role or dub you wanted to direct?
          >
          > 4.) Since youre a fan of classic gaming what is your favorite video
          > game console?
          >
          > 5.) This question is totally out of left field but is there any one
          > who could kill Alucard ? I mean throw an horde of ghouls a demented
          > regenrating vatican priest , and an army of nazi vampires his way
          > but that guy just wont stay down lol
          >

          > Anyway thanks you for time
          >

          > ________________________________

        • zetta18
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
            Have you tried ICO for PS2? The one that came before Shadow of the
            Colossus? Also, if you're looking for an older game with a great story
            (terrible voice acting aside), try Shadow of Destiny. Its about some
            guy that gets killed and he has a chance to go back in time and stop
            the guy from killing him, then something else happens and he dies, and
            he has to find all these ways to prevent himself from dying. Quite
            addictive, and a great story.

            --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Crispin Freeman
            <crispinfreeman@...> wrote:

            > 1) I'm glad you liked my directing work on Scrapped Princess. Thank
            > you. Right now, I am not looking to direct another anime. I have
            > many other projects on my plate that I want to accomplish.
            >
            > 2) I like both voice acting and directing. Directing takes a lot more
            > effort and time and commitment. It can also be more satisfying in the
            > end. However, right now I need to devote my time to other endeavors
            > outside of directing anime.
            >
            > 3) I've always wanted to direct a dub of Escaflowne and I've always
            > wanted to play Hana in Tokyo Godfathers.
            >
            > 4) I have to admit, I'm not much of a console junkie. I just get
            > attached to certain games and then keep playing them long after that
            > game or console has become obsolete. I love Diablo II. I love
            > Starcraft. I love Shadow of the Colossus. I like San Francisco Rush
            > 2049 (silly car racing game). All of them are ancient in video game
            > time.
            >
            > 5) Dr. VanHellsing, Integra's ancestor, defeated Alucard once and I
            > imagine he could find a way to do it again.
            > --
            > Crispin Freeman
            > Voice Actor / Director
            > crispinfreeman@...
            > http://www.crispinfreeman.com
            >
            > On Dec 3, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Stephanos Williams wrote:
            >
            > > Hey Crispin I have a few questions for you
            > >
            > > 1.) You done a magnificent job as director for Scrapped Princess. if
            > > given the chance would you direct another anime dub?
            > >
            > > 2.) Do you enjoy voice acting or voice directing more or do you love
            > > both professions the same?
            > >
            > > 3.) Have there been any dream projects you always wanted to do ?
            > > Like a certain voice acting role or dub you wanted to direct?
            > >
            > > 4.) Since youre a fan of classic gaming what is your favorite video
            > > game console?
            > >
            > > 5.) This question is totally out of left field but is there any one
            > > who could kill Alucard ? I mean throw an horde of ghouls a demented
            > > regenrating vatican priest , and an army of nazi vampires his way
            > > but that guy just wont stay down lol
            > >

            > > Anyway thanks you for time
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • Stephanos Williams
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
              1.) Sounds interesting do how goes your completion on the other pursuits or do we have to wait and see?

              2.) Ive heard that some voice actors only have seconds to prepare for a certain role while some actors actually watch the anime sub to get the feel of the character. Which method do you prefer? And how do you unwind after a anime role?

              3.) Hm I haven't watched Escaflowne in a while so I would love to see how you would direct the dub. Also after seeing a video of you on youtube dissussing the do and donts of cosplay, the thought of you voicing Hana puts a smile on my face lol

              4.) And I remeber what Alucard said about how olny a man can kill a monster and I would love to see a Alucard vs Van Helsing rematch (but some how Im thinging of Hugh Jackmans' Perfomance as Van Helsing lol ) thanks for the responce

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 13, 2008
                I absolutely LOVE Ico. I went out and hunted it down after I played
                Shadow. I had to see what other games that studio made. Ico is like
                a charming chamber piece while Shadow is a Philharmonic Symphony!

                I'll have to check out Shadow of Destiny. Sounds like an interesting
                premise!

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 13, 2008
                  1) You'll have to wait and see right now. I'll make it public when I
                  can.

                  2) I prefer to watch the show when I can, but that's only possible in
                  anime and I'm one of the very few voice actors who do that. Obviously
                  in video games and domestic animation, you have to act instantly with
                  very little preparation or knowledge of the story.

                  3) Glad you liked my Hana impression! I love that movie...

                  4) Glad you liked my response. Hope it clarified things for you.

                  On Dec 7, 2008, at 6:38 PM, Stephanos Williams wrote:

                  > 1.) Sounds interesting do how goes your completion on the other
                  > pursuits or do we have to wait and see?
                  >
                  > 2.) Ive heard that some voice actors only have seconds to prepare
                  > for a certain role while some actors actually watch the anime sub to
                  > get the feel of the character. Which method do you prefer? And how
                  > do you unwind after a anime role?
                  >
                  > 3.) Hm I haven't watched Escaflowne in a while so I would love to
                  > see how you would direct the dub. Also after seeing a video of you
                  > on youtube dissussing the do and donts of cosplay, the thought of
                  > you voicing Hana puts a smile on my face lol
                  >
                  > 4.) And I remeber what Alucard said about how olny a man can kill a
                  > monster and I would love to see a Alucard vs Van Helsing rematch
                  > (but some how Im thinging of Hugh Jackmans' Perfomance as Van
                  > Helsing lol ) thanks for the responce
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Stephanos Williams
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 13, 2008
                    hey thanks for replying well take care of yourself and happy holidays !

                    ________________________________
                    1) You'll have to wait and see right now. I'll make it public when I
                    can.

                    2) I prefer to watch the show when I can, but that's only possible in
                    anime and I'm one of the very few voice actors who do that. Obviously
                    in video games and domestic animation, you have to act instantly with
                    very little preparation or knowledge of the story.

                    3) Glad you liked my Hana impression! I love that movie...

                    4) Glad you liked my response. Hope it clarified things for you.
                    Voice Actor / Director
                    crispinfreeman@ hotmail.com
                    http://www.crispinf reeman.com

                    On Dec 7, 2008, at 6:38 PM, Stephanos Williams wrote:

                    > 1.) Sounds interesting do how goes your completion on the other
                    > pursuits or do we have to wait and see?
                    >
                    > 2.) Ive heard that some voice actors only have seconds to prepare
                    > for a certain role while some actors actually watch the anime sub to
                    > get the feel of the character. Which method do you prefer? And how
                    > do you unwind after a anime role?
                    >
                    > 3.) Hm I haven't watched Escaflowne in a while so I would love to
                    > see how you would direct the dub. Also after seeing a video of you
                    > on youtube dissussing the do and donts of cosplay, the thought of
                    > you voicing Hana puts a smile on my face lol
                    >
                    > 4.) And I remeber what Alucard said about how olny a man can kill a
                    > monster and I would love to see a Alucard vs Van Helsing rematch
                    > (but some how Im thinging of Hugh Jackmans' Perfomance as Van
                    > Helsing lol ) thanks for the responce
                    >

                    > ____________ _________ _________ __

                  • sarahvait
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 17, 2008
                      <crispinfreeman@...> wrote:

                      > I absolutely LOVE Ico. I went out and hunted it down after I
                      played
                      > Shadow. I had to see what other games that studio made. Ico is
                      like
                      > a charming chamber piece while Shadow is a Philharmonic Symphony!
                      >
                      > I'll have to check out Shadow of Destiny. Sounds like an
                      interesting
                      > premise!
                      > --
                      > Crispin Freeman
                      > Voice Actor / Director
                      > crispinfreeman@...
                      > http://www.crispinfreeman.com
                      >
                      > On Dec 7, 2008, at 6:03 PM, zetta18 wrote:
                      >
                      > > Have you tried ICO for PS2? The one that came before Shadow of the
                      > > Colossus? Also, if you're looking for an older game with a great
                      story
                      > > (terrible voice acting aside), try Shadow of Destiny. Its about
                      some
                      > > guy that gets killed and he has a chance to go back in time and
                      stop
                      > > the guy from killing him, then something else happens and he
                      dies, and
                      > > he has to find all these ways to prevent himself from dying. Quite
                      > > addictive, and a great story.

                      Oh yeah, Shadow of Destiny. I should play that again to get a
                      better, but when I played, I got the C ending. Considering
                      everything I'd done in the game to get to that point, I was kinda
                      irked by that ending. I find the main character's legs rather
                      freakishly long though. Creepy.

                      Story-wise, I still adore Silent Hill 2 as one of my favorites (play
                      it! Play it now!). And Digital Devil Saga, which packs in a nice
                      helping of Hindu influence in it's setting and characters. Nice
                      voice acting too.

                      Sarah
                      "Ooh, a dead body! Let's loot him!"
                      (me playing Silent Hill 2)