Re: [crispin_freeman_fansite] Birds of Prey - Yuna

  • Yuna Lockheart
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hey that's okay. I'm glad you told me or else I would
      of had not known. The acting was kinda great though. I
      remember watching Smallville, but than I got tired of
      it after the first season, I watched a few episodes
      here and there, skipped a lot and just watched the
      last episode.

      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 2, 2007
        I would agree with Sarah. I loved Dark Knight Returns (with all of its
        fascistic undertones) and I also thought Ronin was cool. But I found the
        movie version of 300 really offensive. I don't know if the comic is any
        better, but I've been told they're very similar.
        Voice Actor/Director
        crispinfreeman@...
        http://www.crispinfreeman.com

        > From: Sarah Hodge-Wetherbe <raven_summersong@...>
        > Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 04:35:12 -0000
        > To: <crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [crispin_freeman_fansite] Re: 12 Reasons Why Manga is Not a Gateway
        > Drug to Western Comics
        >

        >> Thinking of comics books. Has anyone ever read Frank Millers Comics.
        >> and What do you think of his comic book. Because someday I want get
        >> round to read one of his comic books like Ronin.
        >
        > Definitely give Miller a try.
        >
        > I run hot and cold on Miller. I loved the work he did on Batman, I
        > loved Sin City. I hated 300 (If you want a much better comic on the
        > same basic period, try age of bronze and its sequels) Never read Ronin
        > myself.
        >

        > Sarahtdl
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • rabbit_who_wished_for_redwings
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 3, 2007
          There a reason why you've been told they're very similar.
          Zack Snyder, the director of the movie 300, was very adamant in
          stressing the objective of his movie. He wanted to be very clear
          that he was only interested in producing Frank Miller's vision not a
          historically accurate movie of the events at Thermopylae. The movie
          300 is based almost frame by frame from Frank Miller's graphic
          novel.

          --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Crispin Freeman
          <crispinfreeman@...> wrote:

          > I would agree with Sarah. I loved Dark Knight Returns (with all
          of its
          > fascistic undertones) and I also thought Ronin was cool. But I
          found the
          > movie version of 300 really offensive. I don't know if the comic
          is any
          > better, but I've been told they're very similar.
          > --
          > Crispin Freeman
          > Voice Actor/Director
          > crispinfreeman@...
          > http://www.crispinfreeman.com
          >

          > > From: Sarah Hodge-Wetherbe <raven_summersong@...>
          > > Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 04:35:12 -0000
          > > To: <crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com>
          > > Subject: [crispin_freeman_fansite] Re: 12 Reasons Why Manga is
          Not a Gateway
          > > Drug to Western Comics
          > >

          > >> Thinking of comics books. Has anyone ever read Frank Millers
          Comics.
          > >> and What do you think of his comic book. Because someday I want
          get
          > >> round to read one of his comic books like Ronin.
          > >
          > > Definitely give Miller a try.
          > >
          > > I run hot and cold on Miller. I loved the work he did on Batman,
          > > loved Sin City. I hated 300 (If you want a much better comic on
          the
          > > same basic period, try age of bronze and its sequels) Never read
          Ronin
          > > myself.
          > >

          > > Sarahtdl
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • ziggurateight
          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 3, 2007
            Have I heard Frank Millers Ronin be a liveaction movie some day and
            he will be making liveaction of William Erwin Eisners The Spirit
            Another great comic book artist of our time.

            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 7, 2007
              Thanks for the info. When I rented the movie, I wasn't really looking to
              see something that was historically accurate. If I had wanted that I
              would've gotten a documentary (which is basically what I did watch right
              after the movie). I was just curious as to how close the movie was in
              intention to the book.

              I'll have to check out the graphic novel now. Thanks.