[Semi-OT/Semi-relevant] Final Fantasy IV DS remake voice acting confirmed

  • tenchi414
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30 7:18 PM
      Earlier this week on the developer's blog, the upcoming Final Fantasy
      IV remake for the Nintendo DS was confirmed to have voice acting.
      Here's the Japanese cast, courtesy of IGN:

      * Shizuma Hidoshima as Cecil Harvey
      * Yuko Kaida as Rosa Farrell
      * Koichi Yamadera as Kain Highwind
      * Ryo Horikawa as Edward Chris von Muir
      * Noriko Shitaya as Rydia
      * Rie Kugimiya as Palom and Porom
      * Tesshou Genda as Yang Fang Leiden
      * Hiroya Ishimaru as Edward "Edge" Geraldine
      * Ichiro Nagai as Cid Pollendina
      * Banjou Ginga as FuSoYa
      * Gorou Naya as Tellah
      * Takeshi Kaga as Golbez

      Yep! 100% Iron Chef!

      Crispin, if you happen to read this, if they do Final Fantasy 6 (which
      I'm hoping they do, as it's my favorite in the series thus far), which
      was from where Setzer Gabbiani, who you played in Kingdom Hearts II,
      originated, would you be open to reprising him?
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
        I'm always open to reprising my roles. As long as the company wants me back
        to play the character, I'll be there.
        Voice Actor/Director
        crispinfreeman@...
        http://www.crispinfreeman.com

        > From: tenchi414 <lecter414@...>
        > Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 02:18:28 -0000
        > To: <crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [crispin_freeman_fansite] [Semi-OT/Semi-relevant] Final Fantasy IV DS
        > remake voice acting confirmed
        >
        > Earlier this week on the developer's blog, the upcoming Final Fantasy
        > IV remake for the Nintendo DS was confirmed to have voice acting.
        > Here's the Japanese cast, courtesy of IGN:
        >
        > * Shizuma Hidoshima as Cecil Harvey
        > * Yuko Kaida as Rosa Farrell
        > * Koichi Yamadera as Kain Highwind
        > * Ryo Horikawa as Edward Chris von Muir
        > * Noriko Shitaya as Rydia
        > * Rie Kugimiya as Palom and Porom
        > * Tesshou Genda as Yang Fang Leiden
        > * Hiroya Ishimaru as Edward "Edge" Geraldine
        > * Ichiro Nagai as Cid Pollendina
        > * Banjou Ginga as FuSoYa
        > * Gorou Naya as Tellah
        > * Takeshi Kaga as Golbez
        >
        > Yep! 100% Iron Chef!
        >
        > Crispin, if you happen to read this, if they do Final Fantasy 6 (which
        > I'm hoping they do, as it's my favorite in the series thus far), which
        > was from where Setzer Gabbiani, who you played in Kingdom Hearts II,
        > originated, would you be open to reprising him?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • tenchi414
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007
          I see. Thank you very much for the reply Crispin.

          For some reason I could also see you playing the main villain in a
          remake of Final Fantasy 6, the garish, Joker-esque Kefka.

          --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Crispin Freeman
          <crispinfreeman@...> wrote:

          > I'm always open to reprising my roles. As long as the company wants
          me back
          > to play the character, I'll be there.
          > --
          > Crispin Freeman
          > Voice Actor/Director
          > crispinfreeman@...
          > http://www.crispinfreeman.com

        • Matthew To
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
            I was wondering when I'd stumble upon another fan of FF6!

            There needs to be a remake for this game.

            Tenchi414, on the thoughts of Crispin a Kefka...

            I think the fellow in the following video dressed up as Kefka would probably
            fit better.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL1Rpf1SCnc

            I think it's the laugh that won me over.

            On 10/8/07, tenchi414 <lecter414@...> wrote:

            > I see. Thank you very much for the reply Crispin.
            >
            > For some reason I could also see you playing the main villain in a
            > remake of Final Fantasy 6, the garish, Joker-esque Kefka.
            >
            > --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com<crispin_freeman_fansite%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > Crispin Freeman
            > <crispinfreeman@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm always open to reprising my roles. As long as the company wants
            > me back
            > > to play the character, I'll be there.
            > > --
            > > Crispin Freeman
            > > Voice Actor/Director
            > > crispinfreeman@...
            > > http://www.crispinfreeman.com

            --
            Knowledge is valuable, but Friendship is invaluable.

          • Matthew To
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
              Actually, here's a better video.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKFAbxuxfVM&mode=related&search=