A day to remember - 28 Oct, Sydney -Supanova

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 31, 2006
      This is my first post to this site, and I just want to take this
      opportunity to thank Crispin Freeman for making the trip to Sydney. I am
      a 44 year old mother of four who was introduced to anime a few years ago
      by my 22 year old autistic son. It is the one thing we can share, and
      although he was unable to go to the convention (because he does not do
      too well in crowds) the smile on his face when I showed him the photo of
      Crispin and myself, was priceless.

      I was so impressed with the fact that the anime voice actors gave of
      their time freely and generously while the sci-fi actors charged up to
      $70 to get a photo/autograph.

      It was my first convention, and I look forward to many more.

      Thank you again Mr freeman for the joy you have brought to my son, and
      to me.

      Deborah

    • Glenda Ferris
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah" <onekoolmumma@...>
        wrote:

        > This is my first post to this site, and I just want to take this
        > opportunity to thank Crispin Freeman for making the trip to Sydney. I am
        > a 44 year old mother of four who was introduced to anime a few years ago
        > by my 22 year old autistic son. It is the one thing we can share, and
        > although he was unable to go to the convention (because he does not do
        > too well in crowds) the smile on his face when I showed him the photo of
        > Crispin and myself, was priceless.
        >
        > I was so impressed with the fact that the anime voice actors gave of
        > their time freely and generously while the sci-fi actors charged up to
        > $70 to get a photo/autograph.
        >
        > It was my first convention, and I look forward to many more.
        >
        > Thank you again Mr freeman for the joy you have brought to my son, and
        > to me.
        >
        > Deborah

        Deborah,

        I am a Mom of 5 & at age 34, I thought I was kind of "weird" for being into Anime &
        Manga! My 16 yr old daughter introduced me into this "world" and I have been hooked
        ever since. I commend you for being so in touch with your son (I have an autistic 3 yr old
        son) and his passions. So cool!

        I have found that a lot of the voice actors seem to be very down to Earth and sincere. I
        have taken my daughter to several different "cons" here in Ohio. (I have been a long time
        DC and Marvel comic collector and fanatic along with anime/manga) I know what you
        mean by the Sci-Fi actors charging for autographs, good grief, as if I am really THAT
        desperate to get Mr. Sulu's (sp?) siggie, puh-leeze. (no offense to y'all trekkies)

        From what I have read about Mr. Freeman, he seems to be very kind and an all around
        "nice guy". His talent as an actor is incredible. I do enjoy his work. Its is his work on
        Hellsing that has drawn me to him. (I just love vampire lore)

        BTW-this is my very 1st post on this fansite too, I feel so embarrassed...my daughter &
        husband will think I have officially gone insane!

        Mr. Freeman, I hope your travel went well and I sincerely hope to read more about future
        events and/or acting that you will be a part.

        Sincerely,

        Glenda Ferris
      • TaraRayne67@aol.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
          In a message dated 11/2/2006 12:47:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,
          fabferris7@... writes:

          I am a Mom of 5 & at age 34, I thought I was kind of "weird" for being into
          Anime &
          Manga! My 16 yr old daughter introduced me into this "world" and I have been
          hooked

          It's nice to see other adult fans around :). Usually the only people I get
          to talk to about anime and manga make me feel very old LOL. I am not a mom so
          you can imagine the strange looks I get when people find out I actually watch
          anime and read manga. My husband who is a bigger kid than I am introduced me
          to it when we started dating around 10 years ago.

          Tara

        • Glenda Ferris
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
            --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, TaraRayne67@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 11/2/2006 12:47:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,
            > fabferris7@... writes:
            >
            > I am a Mom of 5 & at age 34, I thought I was kind of "weird" for being into
            > Anime &
            > Manga! My 16 yr old daughter introduced me into this "world" and I have been
            > hooked
            >

            > It's nice to see other adult fans around :). Usually the only people I get
            > to talk to about anime and manga make me feel very old LOL. I am not a mom so
            > you can imagine the strange looks I get when people find out I actually watch
            > anime and read manga. My husband who is a bigger kid than I am introduced me
            > to it when we started dating around 10 years ago.
            >
            > Tara

            Hi Tara!

            Its so good to know that there are others out there that are "old" like me & who loves this
            stuff! LOL!!

            My daughter has been collecting manga since 1996 starting with Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon
            was also the 1st anime series I had ever seen (I thought it was kind of silly because of the
            voice over work, Serena's, aka Sailor Moon, voice was so wild & a little shrill, LOL) Anyway,
            the second anime that had me intrigued was Princess Mononoke, it was fantastic! My DH
            thought I was silly for watching these "cartoons". Pokemon was our other passion & yes,
            we collected the cards, ugh....lol

            As my daughter aged no more Pokemon or Sailor Moon she went onto mangas like
            Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bepop, InuYasha, Yu Yu Hakasho, Ranma 1/2 & some others.

            Now at age 16 she is into Loveless (I love this series), Gravitaion, Legal Drug, Descendants
            of Darkness(interesting read), Angel Sanctuary(I adore this series) & other yaoi based
            manga.

            As for myself, I am a die hard InuYasha fan, I don't know why but I am, maybe its that sexy
            Sesshomaru, I like them badboys! LOL! I have plushies, key chains & t-shirts (I am such a
            nerd). I would have loved to meet the voice actors of this anime series.

            My second LOVE is Hellsing, in which why I am a fan of Mr. Crispin Freeman & why I joined
            this group. I also absolutely adore Howl's Moving Castle too & I have watched this way too
            many times to count.

            Other series I have read are X/1999 and Tokyo Babylon, really good!

            Ok, enough of my babbling, just excited to see another manga/anime lover around my
            age! Drop me a line if you ever want to talk shop! My DH is a commercial pilot and is out
            of town quite often, so I spend my "free time", when I am having to tend to my kid's needs,
            on my Mac laptop visiting my cyber-buds or writing to my family back home in Texas &
            not to forget reading those $$ mangas, I swear I think between my DD and I we must have
            thousand's of dollars worth of mangas stashed away, yikes!

            Take care and have a awesome day!!

            Glenda ^__^
          • Jennifer Peterson

              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
                Hi Tara,,,
                I'm also a Mom and at age 44 I got hooked on Anime and Manga through my two daughters who are now 18 and 13. I met alot of very cool people in our age group who are into it too. Every weekend we get together and watch and read. Our kids do it too and are turning more and more of their friends onto it. The kids call our age group "The Elders", which sounds pretty cool to me. So welcome to the group. LOL. ~Nancy from Philly~

                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
                  > This is my first post to this site, and I just want to take this
                  > opportunity to thank Crispin Freeman for making the trip to Sydney. I am
                  > a 44 year old mother of four who was introduced to anime a few years ago
                  > by my 22 year old autistic son. It is the one thing we can share, and
                  > although he was unable to go to the convention (because he does not do
                  > too well in crowds) the smile on his face when I showed him the photo of
                  > Crispin and myself, was priceless.
                  >
                  > I was so impressed with the fact that the anime voice actors gave of
                  > their time freely and generously while the sci-fi actors charged up to
                  > $70 to get a photo/autograph.
                  >
                  > It was my first convention, and I look forward to many more.
                  >
                  > Thank you again Mr freeman for the joy you have brought to my son, and
                  > to me.
                  >
                  > Deborah

                  Thank you Deborah. I'm glad you had such a great time and I'm sorry your
                  son couldn't make it, although I completely understand. Thanks again!

                  Voice Actor/Director
                  crispinfreeman@...
                  http://www.crispinfreeman.com
                • Glenda Ferris
                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
                    --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Peterson
                    <commolady2000@...> wrote:

                    > Yes it is nice to see other adult anime fans, I've been into anime off and on for a long
                    time. I know I'm dating myself when I say I can remember hurrying home from school to
                    watch Robotech when I was in jr high school. I'm 37 with two kids 5 and 2. The great thing
                    is my two oldest nieces and nephews are also into anime and we have fun talking about
                    different shows and manga. (I found out I'm considered the cool aunt)
                    > Jen
                    >
                    > TaraRayne67@... wrote:
                    > In a message dated 11/2/2006 12:47:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,
                    > fabferris7@... writes:
                    >
                    > I am a Mom of 5 & at age 34, I thought I was kind of "weird" for being into
                    > Anime &
                    > Manga! My 16 yr old daughter introduced me into this "world" and I have been
                    > hooked
                    >
                    > It's nice to see other adult fans around :). Usually the only people I get
                    > to talk to about anime and manga make me feel very old LOL. I am not a mom so
                    > you can imagine the strange looks I get when people find out I actually watch
                    > anime and read manga. My husband who is a bigger kid than I am introduced me
                    > to it when we started dating around 10 years ago.
                    >
                    > Tara

                    Hi Jennifer!

                    That's awesome to be considered the "cool" Aunt! I have about 35 neices
                    & nephews (my DH is the 10th of 10 siblings) and I don't know all my
                    neices & nephews well enough to be considered the "cool" Aunt but my
                    DD thinks I pretty cool & a little weird, LOL!
                    I mean, I am a Sci-Fi, Horror & Fantasy fanatic. My favorite monster when
                    I was little and even now is the ever mighty GODZILLA!! (I am a little embarrassed
                    to admit I even own the whole collection of Godzilla DVD's) YIKES! ^__^

                    Glenda Ferris
                  • Deborah
                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
                      Thank you Crispin for taking the time to reply to me.... I am
                      flabbergasted!!!!!

                      And also to everyone else who replied, thank you.

                      It is good to know I am not the only "oldie" who loves anime. My other
                      passion is Star Trek (lol @ Glenda) and yes I have spent a small fortune
                      buying autographed photos of cast members from The Original Series and
                      The Next Generation from ebay (the chances of these people coming to
                      Sydney is very slim).

                      I hope I can get to know some of you better.

                      Cheers,

                      Deborah

                    • Glenda Ferris
                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
                        wrote:

                        > Thank you Crispin for taking the time to reply to me.... I am
                        > flabbergasted!!!!!
                        >
                        > And also to everyone else who replied, thank you.
                        >
                        > It is good to know I am not the only "oldie" who loves anime. My other
                        > passion is Star Trek (lol @ Glenda) and yes I have spent a small fortune
                        > buying autographed photos of cast members from The Original Series and
                        > The Next Generation from ebay (the chances of these people coming to
                        > Sydney is very slim).
                        >
                        > I hope I can get to know some of you better.
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        >
                        > Deborah

                        Oh Deborah!!! LOL about the Trekkie thing!!!! ^__^
                        My hubby and I used to LOVE to watch The Next Generation &
                        Deep Space Nine! I remember a few years back @ one of the cons
                        (my daughter & I attended here in Columbus, OH)
                        one of Original Series cast members made his appearance &
                        I CAN NOT spell his character's name, it was the one who played
                        the Russian sounds like "check off" LOLOLOL!! (here I am feeling like a
                        complete idiot for not knowing how to spell his name, help!)

                        But I can officially say we are "old school" Star Wars fans. (didn't like the newer
                        movies as much as the elder).

                        Hey Crispin, how do ya feel about us "elders" invading your fansite??? LOL!! Just
                        know that we exist and we luv ya!!

                        Take care all!!

                        Glenda Ferris
                        Message 11 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
                          > Hey Crispin, how do ya feel about us "elders" invading your fansite??? LOL!!
                          > Just
                          > know that we exist and we luv ya!!
                          >
                          > Take care all!!
                          >
                          > Glenda Ferris

                          I think I AM one of the elders! I remember shows that most anime fans now
                          have only heard of in stories and legend!

                          Glad to have everyone of every age bracket here. That's what I've always
                          wanted, comics and animation to be accepted as an art form appropriate for
                          any demographic age group. I want kiddie anime, teen anime, adult anime...
                          all of it!

                          Message 12 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
                            --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Crispin Freeman <crispinfreeman@...>
                            wrote:

                            > > Hey Crispin, how do ya feel about us "elders" invading your fansite??? LOL!!
                            > > Just
                            > > know that we exist and we luv ya!!
                            > >
                            > > Take care all!!
                            > >
                            > > Glenda Ferris
                            >
                            > I think I AM one of the elders! I remember shows that most anime fans now
                            > have only heard of in stories and legend!
                            >
                            > Glad to have everyone of every age bracket here. That's what I've always
                            > wanted, comics and animation to be accepted as an art form appropriate for
                            > any demographic age group. I want kiddie anime, teen anime, adult anime...
                            > all of it!
                            >
                            > --
                            > Crispin Freeman
                            > Voice Actor/Director
                            > crispinfreeman@...
                            > http://www.crispinfreeman.com

                            Crispin,

                            We are slowly coming out of the closet.....there are so many more of us than
                            you may realize. We are just the ones who hide in the shadows not to be
                            recognized because of fear of judgement, KWIM? I shouldn't feel weird
                            when I go to Barnes & Noble & I am picking up my copies of something
                            Superman (I am a DIE HARD SUPERMAN FAN) & those addicting mangas, ugh.

                            I love all of it too, just feel funny admitting it. I am glad I found the courage to finally
                            post on your fansite forum. I am having fun comrading with others like me (as
                            if I am a freak or something, LOL!)

                            I thank you for being so in touch with your fans and others who just enjoy
                            discussing our passion for all things ANIME!!!

                            Viva la Animacion! (not too sure if that is a true Spanish word but it does
                            sound good, si? Oh yeah, I am of Spanish/Mexican descent & am married
                            to a white man hence the last name Ferris, in case you are curious.

                            Ok, going to hang with my kiddos and get my "Superman" fix by
                            watching some Smallville.

                            You and Izobel have a SUPER night!!

                            Glenda
                          • Zola
                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
                              At 06:38 PM 11/2/2006, Crispin Freeman wrote:
                              >I think I AM one of the elders! I remember shows that most anime fans now
                              >have only heard of in stories and legend!

                              Who is the oldest person in the group? I'm 44 as of yesterday, so I think
                              I'm a bit more elderly than you, Crispin. :D

                              What's it like living with a girl geek and ten cats?

                              http://www.lifewithzola.com
                            • Glenda Ferris
                              Message 14 of 28 , Nov 2, 2006
                                --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Zola <zola@...> wrote:

                                > At 06:38 PM 11/2/2006, Crispin Freeman wrote:
                                > >I think I AM one of the elders! I remember shows that most anime fans now
                                > >have only heard of in stories and legend!
                                >
                                > Who is the oldest person in the group? I'm 44 as of yesterday, so I think
                                > I'm a bit more elderly than you, Crispin. :D

                                > What's it like living with a girl geek and ten cats?
                                >
                                > http://www.lifewithzola.com

                                44, that's way cool, IMO! I am 34 and thought I was maybe a little too old for this stuff, Nice
                                to know we "older" folk are coming out! Take care, Z!!
                              • Jennifer Peterson
                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 3, 2006
                                  I know what you mean, I used to watch Godzilla and Gamora and all those old movies on Saturdays with my Dad, then we would watch Kung Fu Theatre.
                                  Jen

                                  Glenda Ferris <fabferris7@...> wrote: --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Peterson
                                  <commolady2000@...> wrote:

                                  > Yes it is nice to see other adult anime fans, I've been into anime off and on for a long
                                  time. I know I'm dating myself when I say I can remember hurrying home from school to
                                  watch Robotech when I was in jr high school. I'm 37 with two kids 5 and 2. The great thing
                                  is my two oldest nieces and nephews are also into anime and we have fun talking about
                                  different shows and manga. (I found out I'm considered the cool aunt)
                                  > Jen
                                  >
                                  > TaraRayne67@... wrote:
                                  > In a message dated 11/2/2006 12:47:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,
                                  > fabferris7@... writes:
                                  >
                                  > I am a Mom of 5 & at age 34, I thought I was kind of "weird" for being into
                                  > Anime &
                                  > Manga! My 16 yr old daughter introduced me into this "world" and I have been
                                  > hooked
                                  >
                                  > It's nice to see other adult fans around :). Usually the only people I get
                                  > to talk to about anime and manga make me feel very old LOL. I am not a mom so
                                  > you can imagine the strange looks I get when people find out I actually watch
                                  > anime and read manga. My husband who is a bigger kid than I am introduced me
                                  > to it when we started dating around 10 years ago.
                                  >
                                  > Tara

                                  Hi Jennifer!

                                  That's awesome to be considered the "cool" Aunt! I have about 35 neices
                                  & nephews (my DH is the 10th of 10 siblings) and I don't know all my
                                  neices & nephews well enough to be considered the "cool" Aunt but my
                                  DD thinks I pretty cool & a little weird, LOL!
                                  I mean, I am a Sci-Fi, Horror & Fantasy fanatic. My favorite monster when
                                  I was little and even now is the ever mighty GODZILLA!! (I am a little embarrassed
                                  to admit I even own the whole collection of Godzilla DVD's) YIKES! ^__^

                                  Glenda Ferris

                                • Karen Correll
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Nov 3, 2006
                                    I have both of you beat. I'll be 49 this month

                                    Karen

                                    Glenda Ferris <fabferris7@...> wrote:
                                    --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Zola <zola@...> wrote:

                                    > At 06:38 PM 11/2/2006, Crispin Freeman wrote:
                                    > >I think I AM one of the elders! I remember shows that most anime fans now
                                    > >have only heard of in stories and legend!
                                    >
                                    > Who is the oldest person in the group? I'm 44 as of yesterday, so I think
                                    > I'm a bit more elderly than you, Crispin. :D

                                    > What's it like living with a girl geek and ten cats?
                                    >
                                    > http://www.lifewithzola.com

                                    44, that's way cool, IMO! I am 34 and thought I was maybe a little too old for this stuff, Nice
                                    to know we "older" folk are coming out! Take care, Z!!

                                  • Kia
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Nov 6, 2006
                                      So nice to see others around my age that are into the anime and manga like I am. Lots of the titles you mentioned I own as well. But my story was the other way around. A friend of mine got me watching more anime a couple of years ago, and I was the one that got my daughter hooked. Now we both read the mangas and watch as much as we can get our hands on LOL We also collect posters and wallscrolls of the series we like best, and my daughter collects keychains that she can find.

                                      There's another of us "older" parent-types on this listing too and luckily we live close, so most weekends we get together at least on Saturdays and watch anime together.

                                      But if you ever want to chat feel freee to send me an email.

> [...]

                                      nerd). I would have loved to meet the voice actors of this anime series.

                                      My second LOVE is Hellsing, in which why I am a fan of Mr. Crispin Freeman & why I joined
                                      this group. I also absolutely adore Howl's Moving Castle too & I have watched this way too
                                      many times to count.

                                      Other series I have read are X/1999 and Tokyo Babylon, really good!

                                      Ok, enough of my babbling, just excited to see another manga/anime lover around my
                                      age! Drop me a line if you ever want to talk shop! My DH is a commercial pilot and is out
                                      of town quite often, so I spend my "free time", when I am having to tend to my kid's needs,
                                      on my Mac laptop visiting my cyber-buds or writing to my family back home in Texas &
                                      not to forget reading those $$ mangas, I swear I think between my DD and I we must have
                                      thousand's of dollars worth of mangas stashed away, yikes!

                                      Kia/35/PA

                                      Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. - Alphonse Elric

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Nov 6, 2006
                                        In a message dated 11/2/2006 8:35:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,
                                        zola@... writes:

                                        Who is the oldest person in the group? I'm 44 as of yesterday, so I think
                                        I'm a bit more elderly than you, Crispin. :D

                                        You have me beat by a few years. I am 39 with my 40th birthday approaching
                                        faster than I would like :). I believe that makes me a little more elderly than
                                        Crispin too.

                                        Tara

                                      • Deborah
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Nov 7, 2006
                                          --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, TaraRayne67@... wrote:

                                          > In a message dated 11/2/2006 8:35:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,
                                          > zola@... writes:
                                          >
                                          > Who is the oldest person in the group? I'm 44 as of yesterday, so
                                          I think
                                          > I'm a bit more elderly than you, Crispin. :D

                                          > You have me beat by a few years. I am 39 with my 40th birthday
                                          approaching
                                          > faster than I would like :). I believe that makes me a little more
                                          elderly than
                                          > Crispin too.

                                          Well, I was 44 in October.. does that make me the oldest???

                                          > Tara

                                        • Deborah
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Nov 7, 2006
                                            Oh wait, I am not the oldest..... Karen is...do we have an advance on
                                            49?

                                            I wish I had friends in Sydney this age who enjoyed anime. I only have
                                            my kids to discuss it with... sigh!

                                            Cheers,
                                            Deborah.
                                          • Karen Correll

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Nov 7, 2006
                                                In a message dated 11/7/2006 1:20:05 P.M. Central Standard Time,
                                                kjiggy1957@... writes:

                                                Don't tell me I'm going to win the title of the oldest

                                                I hear ya, Deborah, my son is the only person I have to discuss Anime with
                                                too.

                                                Karen

                                                At least you and Deborah have kids to discuss it with. I only have my online
                                                "kids" from a chat room I moderate that I talk with it about. If it wasn't
                                                for that and this group I'd only have my hubby to talk to about it.

                                                Tara

                                              • Stacey
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Dec 4, 2006
                                                  I'm coming out of the closet as well...I'm 29 and I love reading
                                                  mangas and watching anime... <whew> I feel much better now that is
                                                  off my chest! Us "Elders" should stick together :)

                                                  Stacey

                                                  --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, "Glenda Ferris"

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Dec 4, 2006
                                                    --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, "Stacey" <turtlelover25@...> wrote:

                                                    > I'm coming out of the closet as well...I'm 29 and I love reading
                                                    > mangas and watching anime... <whew> I feel much better now that is
                                                    > off my chest! Us "Elders" should stick together :)
                                                    >
                                                    > Stacey
                                                    >

                                                    > --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, "Glenda Ferris"
                                                    > <fabferris7@> wrote:
                                                    > >
                                                    > > --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Zola <zola@> wrote:

                                                    > anime fans now
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Who is the oldest person in the group? I'm 44 as of yesterday,
                                                    > so I think
                                                    > > > I'm a bit more elderly than you, Crispin. :D

                                                    > > > What's it like living with a girl geek and ten cats?
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > http://www.lifewithzola.com
                                                    > > >

                                                    > > 44, that's way cool, IMO! I am 34 and thought I was maybe a
                                                    > little too old for this stuff, Nice
                                                    > > to know we "older" folk are coming out! Take care, Z!!

                                                    Hello & Welcome!! As an elder, (34 almost 35 as of Dec. 6th UUGGHH! LOL!) I just went this
                                                    weekend to Barnes & Noble and spent some of my hubby's hard earned $$, LOL, on
                                                    MANGA!!(yes, this is in all caps because I am yelling in complete delight!) I bought The
                                                    Cain Saga & Godchild #1. I also am continuing my obssession of reading the Angel
                                                    Sanctuary series (love this one). I love this author. Her artistry is magnificent!

                                                    I am a lurker of this board, don't post as much unless its really interesting but I am here!
                                                    Just give me a shout out to my email address if you want to talk shop!

                                                    **Crispin, if you see this post, I have one ? or 2 for ya.**

                                                    What are the chances that you will lend your voice talent to Miyazaki's Gedo Senki? I know
                                                    it probably won't make it to the US in a couple of years because of some kind of contract
                                                    that the Earthsea story has with The Sci-Fi channel BUT how would you "throw your hat in"
                                                    to show interest?? I am also curious as to how you landed that role in Howl's Moving
                                                    Castle. Is there some kind casting call for Miyazaki's movies? Thanks in advance, Sugar!
                                                    ^__^

                                                    glenda-ferrisfam7
                                                  • Nikolle
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Dec 4, 2006
                                                      I'm only 22, soon to be 23, so maybe I can't be considered an "Elder" yet... but I do have to admit that I have been an anime fan since I was 5... I don't know....

                                                      > I'm coming out of the closet as well...I'm 29 and I love reading

                                                      > mangas and watching anime... <whew> I feel much better now that is

                                                      > off my chest! Us "Elders" should stick together :)

                                                      > Stacey

                                                      > --- In crispin_freeman_ fansite@yahoogro ups.com, "Glenda Ferris"

                                                      > <fabferris7@ > wrote:

                                                      > > --- In crispin_freeman_ fansite@yahoogro ups.com, Zola <zola@> wrote:

                                                      > anime fans now

                                                      > > > Who is the oldest person in the group? I'm 44 as of yesterday,

                                                      > so I think

                                                      > > > I'm a bit more elderly than you, Crispin. :D

                                                      > > > What's it like living with a girl geek and ten cats?

                                                      > > > http://www.lifewith zola.com

                                                      > > 44, that's way cool, IMO! I am 34 and thought I was maybe a

                                                      > little too old for this stuff, Nice

                                                      > > to know we "older" folk are coming out! Take care, Z!!

                                                      Hello & Welcome!! As an elder, (34 almost 35 as of Dec. 6th UUGGHH! LOL!) I just went this

                                                      weekend to Barnes & Noble and spent some of my hubby's hard earned $$, LOL, on

                                                      MANGA!!(yes, this is in all caps because I am yelling in complete delight!) I bought The

                                                      Cain Saga & Godchild #1. I also am continuing my obssession of reading the Angel

                                                      Sanctuary series (love this one). I love this author. Her artistry is magnificent!

                                                      I am a lurker of this board, don't post as much unless its really interesting but I am here!

                                                      Just give me a shout out to my email address if you want to talk shop!

                                                      **Crispin, if you see this post, I have one ? or 2 for ya.**

                                                      What are the chances that you will lend your voice talent to Miyazaki's Gedo Senki? I know

                                                      it probably won't make it to the US in a couple of years because of some kind of contract

                                                      that the Earthsea story has with The Sci-Fi channel BUT how would you "throw your hat in"

                                                      to show interest?? I am also curious as to how you landed that role in Howl's Moving

                                                      Castle. Is there some kind casting call for Miyazaki's movies? Thanks in advance, Sugar!

                                                      ^__^

                                                      glenda-ferrisfam7

                                                      <!--

                                                      #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                                                      #ygrp-text{
                                                      font-family:Georgia;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-text p{
                                                      margin:0 0 1em 0;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                                                      font-family:Arial;
                                                      clear:both;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-vitnav{
                                                      padding-top:10px;
                                                      font-family:Verdana;
                                                      font-size:77%;
                                                      margin:0;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-vitnav a{
                                                      padding:0 1px;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-actbar{
                                                      clear:both;
                                                      margin:25px 0;
                                                      white-space:nowrap;
                                                      color:#666;
                                                      text-align:right;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-actbar .left{
                                                      float:left;
                                                      white-space:nowrap;
                                                      }
                                                      .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                                                      #ygrp-grft{
                                                      font-family:Verdana;
                                                      font-size:77%;
                                                      padding:15px 0;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-ft{
                                                      font-family:verdana;
                                                      font-size:77%;
                                                      border-top:1px solid #666;
                                                      padding:5px 0;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                                                      padding-bottom:10px;
                                                      }

                                                      #ygrp-vital{
                                                      background-color:#e0ecee;
                                                      margin-bottom:20px;
                                                      padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                                                      font-size:77%;
                                                      font-family:Verdana;
                                                      font-weight:bold;
                                                      color:#333;
                                                      text-transform:uppercase;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-vital ul{
                                                      padding:0;
                                                      margin:2px 0;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-vital ul li{
                                                      list-style-type:none;
                                                      clear:both;
                                                      border:1px solid #e0ecee;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                                                      font-weight:bold;
                                                      color:#ff7900;
                                                      float:right;
                                                      width:2em;
                                                      text-align:right;
                                                      padding-right:.5em;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                                                      font-weight:bold;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-vital a {
                                                      text-decoration:none;
                                                      }

                                                      #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                                                      text-decoration:underline;
                                                      }

                                                      #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                                                      color:#999;
                                                      font-size:77%;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                                                      padding:6px 13px;
                                                      background-color:#e0ecee;
                                                      margin-bottom:20px;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                                                      padding:0 0 0 8px;
                                                      margin:0;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                                                      list-style-type:square;
                                                      padding:6px 0;
                                                      font-size:77%;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                                                      text-decoration:none;
                                                      font-size:130%;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                                                      background-color:#eee;
                                                      margin-bottom:20px;
                                                      padding:0 8px;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                                                      padding:8px 0;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                                                      font-family:Arial;
                                                      font-weight:bold;
                                                      color:#628c2a;
                                                      font-size:100%;
                                                      line-height:122%;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                                                      text-decoration:none;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                                                      text-decoration:underline;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                                                      margin:0;
                                                      }
                                                      o {font-size:0;}
                                                      .MsoNormal {
                                                      margin:0 0 0 0;
                                                      }
                                                      #ygrp-text tt{
                                                      font-size:120%;
                                                      }
                                                      blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                                                      .replbq {margin:4;}
                                                      -->

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Dec 12, 2006
                                                        > **Crispin, if you see this post, I have one ? or 2 for ya.**
                                                        >
                                                        > What are the chances that you will lend your voice talent to Miyazaki's Gedo
                                                        > Senki? I know
                                                        > it probably won't make it to the US in a couple of years because of some kind
                                                        > of contract
                                                        > that the Earthsea story has with The Sci-Fi channel BUT how would you "throw
                                                        > your hat in"
                                                        > to show interest?? I am also curious as to how you landed that role in Howl's
                                                        > Moving
                                                        > Castle. Is there some kind casting call for Miyazaki's movies? Thanks in
                                                        > advance, Sugar!
                                                        > ^__^
                                                        >
                                                        > glenda-ferrisfam7

                                                        I'm hoping to audition for the Earthsea movie. It's my understanding that
                                                        it won't be released here in the states for a while because of legal issues
                                                        with the live action Earthsea miniseries. I imagine that it will be dubbed
                                                        by the same part of Disney that did Howl's. Since I'm still on good terms
                                                        with them and work with them on the Pirates video games, I'm hoping that
                                                        I'll get a chance to audition for them in the future. That's basically
                                                        where it stands right now.

                                                        The Disney people know I'm very much in to the Studio Ghibli work so
                                                        hopefully they will think of me when the show comes around.

                                                        I landed my role in Howl's because my agent at the time said she knew people
                                                        at Pixar. I knew that people at Pixar were going to be responsible for
                                                        producing the Howl's dub so I asked her if she could get me in on that. It
                                                        turns out that I was the only actor that asked Disney to be a part of the
                                                        project. The casting directors listened to my demo online, thought I was
                                                        great and called me in the next day to play Prince Turnip.

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Dec 12, 2006
                                                          wrote:

                                                          > > **Crispin, if you see this post, I have one ? or 2 for ya.**
                                                          > >
                                                          > > What are the chances that you will lend your voice talent to Miyazaki's Gedo
                                                          > > Senki? I know
                                                          > > it probably won't make it to the US in a couple of years because of some kind
                                                          > > of contract
                                                          > > that the Earthsea story has with The Sci-Fi channel BUT how would you "throw
                                                          > > your hat in"
                                                          > > to show interest?? I am also curious as to how you landed that role in Howl's
                                                          > > Moving
                                                          > > Castle. Is there some kind casting call for Miyazaki's movies? Thanks in
                                                          > > advance, Sugar!
                                                          > > ^__^
                                                          > >
                                                          > > glenda-ferrisfam7
                                                          >
                                                          > I'm hoping to audition for the Earthsea movie. It's my understanding that
                                                          > it won't be released here in the states for a while because of legal issues
                                                          > with the live action Earthsea miniseries. I imagine that it will be dubbed
                                                          > by the same part of Disney that did Howl's. Since I'm still on good terms
                                                          > with them and work with them on the Pirates video games, I'm hoping that
                                                          > I'll get a chance to audition for them in the future. That's basically
                                                          > where it stands right now.
                                                          >
                                                          > The Disney people know I'm very much in to the Studio Ghibli work so
                                                          > hopefully they will think of me when the show comes around.
                                                          >
                                                          > I landed my role in Howl's because my agent at the time said she knew people
                                                          > at Pixar. I knew that people at Pixar were going to be responsible for
                                                          > producing the Howl's dub so I asked her if she could get me in on that. It
                                                          > turns out that I was the only actor that asked Disney to be a part of the
                                                          > project. The casting directors listened to my demo online, thought I was
                                                          > great and called me in the next day to play Prince Turnip.
                                                          >
                                                          > --
                                                          > Crispin Freeman
                                                          > Voice Actor/Director
                                                          > crispinfreeman@...
                                                          > http://www.crispinfreeman.com

                                                          Thanks Crispin for your reply. I would love it if you are able to land a role in Gedo Senki.
                                                          It seems as if this is a real good movie. I read about it on ANN. I have never watched the
                                                          miniseries on the Sci-Fi channel for some reason because did not seem all that interesting
                                                          to me, maybe its because the animated version would possibly be better, you know?

                                                          I sincerely hope that you are given the opportunity when the time comes. It would be
                                                          an awesome feat for you to be involved. Those Ghibli films are spectacular. My first
                                                          Miyazaki was Princess Mononoke & I was spellbound.

                                                          Have a wonderful evening!!! I am watching Chobits and as I type I am missing some of the
                                                          dialogue, yikes! LOL!

                                                          Ciao!
                                                          glenda
                                                        • Jennifer Peterson
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Dec 14, 2006
                                                            I certainly hope you get to be a part of the Earthsea anime. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Crispin.
                                                            Jen

                                                            Crispin Freeman <crispinfreeman@...> wrote: > **Crispin, if you see this post, I have one ? or 2 for ya.**