Re: Slightly Off-Topic Pirates Question...

  • sarahvait
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 1, 2006
      Maybe Pirates are interesting because the subject isn't used that
      much for the most part? I mean, fantasy and vampire stuff have all
      but been driven into the ground with a mallet, to the point that its
      really hard to add anything new to it.

      But pirate and swashbuckling stuff is still fairly uncharted
      territory, and I mean stories that actually really deals with
      pirates from their point of view, not just sea voyage stories like
      Master and Commander. I can't hardly think of any Pirate movies
      besides the Johnny Deep stuff. (Well, I guess Princess Bride
      counts. Sort of)
      The only pirate anime I know of that's pretty well known is One
      Piece.

      I think the other reason we like pirates is because they are often
      the reluctant hero types, which is usually pretty interesting to
      watch. This is all off the top of my head, I don't think its
      terribly cohesive. I'm way behind on posts too...

      Sarah
      Mills-"May the Lord smile."
      Garcian-"And the Devil have mercy."
      (Killer7)