Re: Attention Utena Fans!

  • rabbit_who_wished_for_redwings
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
      If anyone is worried about never hearing the Yami no Matsuei english
      dubbing, just check out AZN's website for the schedule for when
      they'll be showing it agin! I practically recorded all the episodes
      tow rotations ago, so it shouldn't be a problem. In my opinion, the
      dubbing is quite good, Dan Green does a pretty good Tsusuki, and
      although Yoko Matsushita was happy to get a girl to do Hisoka's voice
      for the japanese release, the VA (which also appeared in a Samurai
      Champloo episode)was very expressive of Hisoka's persona. Muraki was
      ok, but hey...It's Muraki X___X! The soundtrack I'm pretty sure is
      loyal to the origional, no funky translations o^_________^o.

      http://internationalchannel.com/programming_grid_wk.aspx?StartDate=05-
      28-2006

      http://internationalchannel.com/programming_grid_det.aspx?
      pID=3448&timezone=EST&startdate=5-30-2006
      They're near the middle end I think now but it starts up again I
      think monthly :??:

      They will occasionally throw other things in like Black Jack, Record
      of Lodoss, Fushigi Yugi (all of them), and Patlabor.

      Hope this helps ^^V
      --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, "space_dragon26"
      <space_dragon26@...> wrote:

      > --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, Sage <LadySage@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > CPM's license on Slayer's ran out a while ago; they've been hard
      > to find
      > > ever since then. And please don't bag on Funi, I think they've
      > been doing a
      > > great job with most of their releases (DBZ excepted). Furuba was
      > an amazing
      > > release and while, yes, FMA was a bit pricey, it was also
      insanely
      > expensive
      > > for them to license and they probably will never turn a profit on
      > it
      > > anyway. The only release of theirs I've been really displeased
      > with is
      > > Conan, what with never actually releasing more than the first DVD
      > from the
      > > first season and jumping ahead 7... Anyway, I have faith in them
      > >
      > > And as for CPM's other licenses...here's hoping for the best.
      > >
      > > ~Sage
      > >

      > > > Yea, its sad. Not only that, it looks like I won't be able to
      > find
      > > > the Descendants of Darkness or the Slayers dvds and hear the dub
      > > > which will be rare to find. Well, FUNI now has the rights to
      > > > Slayers so the dvds will now be rarer to find, unless you want
      > > > wait until FUNI releases the dvds for a very expensive price.

      t=ms&k=Animation+art&w1=Animation+art&w2=Entertainment+new+york&c=2&s
      > =47&.sig=melJ9pmTDxyZfXQwur4npg> Entertainment
      > > > new york<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

      t=ms&k=Entertainment+new+york&w1=Animation+art&w2=Entertainment+new+y