Re: Crispin in an Anime Documentary on STARZ this MONDAY!

  • erickclasen
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1 2:41 PM
      I stumbled across "Anime Drawing a Revolution" on Netflix and was pleasantly surprised to see Crispin in it. It was really good and I picked up a few more titles to check out too. I did not realize that "Ghost in the Shell" had a connection the "The Matrix". It even had a clip from "Battle of the Planets", which was on TV when I was a kid. I didn't realize that show was considered anime! It looks dated but back then I loved that show and spent hours drawing the characters.
      I recommend checking out "Anime Drawing a Revolution", it is worth the hour to watch it.

      P.S. I have been involved with a local project "A Night for Japan" to raise money for the victims of the earthquake/Tsunami. The fund raiser was last night and had a great turnout from my community. I had so much support from the community while I was out hitting the streets to promote it a few weeks back. Two local Japanese business leaders are behind it and they have connections to Sendai. 100% of the money collected will go the cause! Our thoughts and prayers are with the people in Japan as they deal with the crisis.

      Have a great day, Erick

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 4 7:52 PM
        I'm glad you enjoyed that documentary! I had fun working on it.

        I'm also in a Ghost in the Shell Documentary that you can download for
        free from iTunes. Here's the link:
        http://bit.ly/QG60W

        Battle of the Planets is a seminal anime. It set the formula for the
        entire sentai movement in Japanese entertainment which includes such
        shows as Power Rangers, Voltron and Sailor Moon.
        Voice Actor / Director
        fanmail@...

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 23 6:32 PM
          Cool it looked like a fun project to work on, thanks for the reply and the link. I will have to consider watching the "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex" series, this month I watched the movie and enjoyed it.
          Not anime related but I recently re-watched the "My So Called Life" series, surprisingly good for a 17 year old show! It's been long enough that I can now relate to the adults more than I did when I watched it back then, LOL!
          I can believe that Battle of the Planets would have been a big influence on sentai. I watched quite a bit of Power Rangers back in the 90's when it first came out and I probably got pulled in by being exposed to Battle of the Planets growing up. Interestingly Sailor Moon was an influence on some of my artwork. I should take a look a Voltron, didn't follow it much when it was new.

          Peace out, Erick